Mounting RTT on Rhino Cross Bars (2) ok? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys

I’ve to wait to get a roof rack installed on my LC200. In the meantime I bought a James Baroud Grand RAID. The store owner just said install them in the meantime on two Rhino cross bars on the LC200 factory rails

I mounted the Rhino Rack cross bars on the factory installed roof rails but the max they can be apart is 31.5 inches which I set them at.

is this ok for mounting such a large roof tent? He said it was but in looking at it it has me scratching my head to be honest

Hey man! I have a James Baroud Grand Raid XXL and i had it installed on the 2 factory cross bars and had no issues for a the few months before my rack arrived. To better distribute the load over the entire rack I slide in some 1/2" X 60" maple timbers.. you can also use the same timbers cut at 31.5" and put them length wise... held them to the rack with zip ties so they wouldnt slide around but the weight of the tent held them on.. just made me feel better that the load was distributed while i was sleeping up there with my wife.. you can even just keep the supports inside the tent until you plan on sleeping on it... not super great looking but worked great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom