MO wheeling 9/29 to 10/4 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey guys,
I am planning on hitting the Tornado Alley Cruisers event at Flat Nasty Oct. 2-4. Looking to do a few days of wheeling at other places in MO prior to the event. I generally prefer the hard core stuff but I am open to doing some not so hard core trails.(say 3/3.5 to 5 ratings) I have an 85' 4Runner setup for rock crawling. I am running 37" Pittbull Rockers and low gearing.

I was thinking about hitting Washita, SMORR, or Hannibal. I live in Des Moines, Iowa and would like to keep the miles to a minimum if possible. What are your suggestions? Anyone interested in joining me on Sept. 30, 31, and Oct. 1?

By the way I am friends with Josh but he isn't so sure he will be able to show me around so I thought I would post up here.

thanks in advance,
Kurt

Last edited:
Hit Washita...you'll find plenty of rocks to play around on.

Hannibal Rocks is very small. Its more of an event park. It has plenty of rock crawling but is all in one small area. Was hita has tons of potential but it is very new, but a lot of fun. You could cover each park in about a day. Make a weekend out of it an cover both places. If you had to pick just one I would suggest Was hita. They allow camping for free and they have more trails. I think there are pobably enough hard stuff to keep you occupied for most of the day. I'm sure you could find a few guys from St. Louis to go there with you. I too will be attending the TAC event again in October. There is also the Arkansas Chapter of TTORA Friends of Marlin Roundup at Superlift ORV Park on Sept 19-21. It will be well attended.

Here is a link to the Missouri section of Marlin's forum. There are lots of pics of Was hita and info on upcoming get togethers in the area. The Was hita events are listed as Farmington, MO because most forums censor the 4 letter word found within the word was hita

Missouri

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom