MIOBI Toys for Tots Event (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey mark, looks like you finally found a use for the bumper 'wings'. !!

HA! Yep, I'm always setting stuff on those wings.

Sorry I wasn't able to make it, but it looks like I would have spent most of the day getting winched anyway.......

I had to fix my corn stove at the last minute. I wish Toyota made corn stoves too. I think mine was made by Chevy...........

Tony

"Thanks for the help getting out of the mud to Larry and Chris - couldn't have had as much fun out there if it wasn't for you two. "
That's what wheeling is all about. I was going back on Sunday, but instead spent a couple of hours with the pressure washer cleaning out the underside. I though possible I am done with mud before freezing temperatures and I better get out what I could. Also the better half cleaned out the garage when I was gone, and my car was forbidden from parking inside until cleaned. -

:grinpimp:
Well, I have to agree that it was a dingin' fun weekend. I did have my roommate as a passenger.

It's good to hear that you guys had a fun time. This is my 4th year wheeling my toyota and each year gets better as I learn the trails and get to know my rig better and better. I also really had a good time this last weekend.

Most of you guys may not know, but I'm a fairly mild wheeler. My roommate knows this and it's one reason he's comfortable with being my passenger. That fact made one event this weekend somewhat more amusing (after the fact)...

I got a little bit of video, would have had more but lost some when the camera fell out of the truck on a bumpy hillclimb. It was quite the event with the emergency stop in the middle of that climb. My passenger, when the camera fell out, Yelled "Stop, the camera fell out and we're going to run over it or we already did!".
Well, I did stop in the middle of the climb, he got out, picked up the camera, got back in. Right when he got back in, the truck lost it's grip and fell into a large, off-camber rut and the drivers front wheel came about 4' off the ground, we almost flopped but I think the side of the tires in the rut kept that from happening. I couldn't see crap, except my front tire blocking the sun.
LOL, and my passenger now yelling, "I'm not belted in!", we're way sideways and his belt is locked up and he can't get it on.
I yell back "Doesn't matter, we have to move!"
Well, he hung on, and I drove out of it (barely) and we found the camera mostly undamaged, it had rolled into the rut and the tire passed over it without smashing it.
You had to be there, it was some fun stuff.

Oh yes, we did get some video. Never as much as we like and some of it it always crappy, but here's a link to my youtube account, I've uploaded 4 videos from last weekend.
You might have to sort by date to see all 4, I think it sorts some other way by default.

Great story! Wish some of us could have been around on that run to assist! Thanks, as always, for bringing your camera and taking video. When are you going to add your bottle rocket launcher mod back on permanently??? :D A little pvc and some lashing ought to keep it from rattlin off on the trail!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom