Military Spec LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would think if the LC was a bit faster it would make a great scout/reconnaissance vehicle. Not sure what they are like in real life.

I don’t see how that would be useful. Most scout vehicles are very slow in comparison to a stock Land Cruiser. The HUMMV was slow as molasses. The Bradley IFV May be fast by tracked vehicle standards but not by wheeled vehicle standards. And off-road you aren’t going to drive fast unless you are in wide open desert terrain and have a long travel suspension like a Raptor.

Last edited:
Haha, nice. I’ll add two more
-“operator approved”
-MOLLE compatible.

Sorta reminds me of, "Trail Rated..."
(Sorry, Jeep owners) :)

It's this nebulas "thing" that could mean anything.

Students are "Classroom Rated" too...but a lot of them get "rated" with a grade of F. :)

Last edited:
Some specs are armor plating, heavy-duty suspension systems, run-flat tires, upgraded wheels, military-grade communications gear, infrared lighting systems and a “blackout mode” that will allow operators to go dark at the flip of a switch.

You can spot them as they have the larger wheel travel, dark edge around the windows, and no sun roof.

armored.jpg

Armored-B6-Level-Toyota-Landcruiser-GXR-4-6L-V8-2016-577267ba6a51b81e790d.jpg

The only pure "military" ones I've seen are the 4 door pickup land cruisers, used by the British.
Battelle Memorial Institute has a contract to build 500 for SOCOM, but I haven't seen them.

These were basically the same armored vehicles.

sofic.JPG

You can spot them as they have the larger wheel travel, dark edge around the windows, and no sun roof.
You really can spot them ‘cause there’s always a bunch of them, in a line, same color, going to the same place. Good for hard convoys, terrible choice if you wanna lay low from 5-0 (if you know what I mean). Not sure what you mean about larger wheel travel.

Also the 70 and 200 series and fitted pretty much the same.

I like the advertised “provides cool guys with a low visibility...” umm no. Give me a beat up white Corolla, that’s low visibility. The nice LCs were a dead giveaway. They were comfy though, oh and the A/C, mmm, it was good.

Last edited:
You really can spot them ‘cause there’s always a bunch of them, in a line, same color, going to the same place. Good for hard convoys, terrible choice is you wanna lay low from 5-0 (if you know what I mean). Not sure what you mean about larger wheel travel.

Also the 70 and 200 series and fitted pretty much the same.

I like the advertised “provides cool guys with a low visibility...” umm no. Give me a beat up white Corolla, that’s low visibility. The nice LCs were a dead giveaway. They were comfy though, oh and the A/C, mmm, it was good.

Heh... Good stuff @Taco2Cruiser . :)

Here’s an armored 200 I snapped out the broken windshield of my little unarmored Toyota pickup in Jalalabad...
Notice thick glass and black surrounds...

769FDB2A-6CB6-42BA-B4A0-68973FC4BD99.jpeg

Then there were the “police”... Thought this was Toyota at first but...

C0DE8CFF-BB61-4F8D-96DD-4E89F0BAFB50.jpeg

More Toyota’s...plus random dudes with AKs hangin by the door of some random business...

3E95FC08-40CC-4F06-B214-BAB52CC46558.jpeg

Interesting side note—
— Within 5 minutes of arriving at the very-non-hotel-looking place I'd stay while in town for several weeks...
...this random dude on the roof immediately showed me where I could grab an AK, M9, or shotgun +ammo before showing how to lock myself behind the "big metal door" of a little room up there if...something bad happens or bad guys showed up while I was staying...
So reassuring. :-/ Sadly, the guy who ran the place was killed a month later, so things were clearly iffy.

Also interesting was...he just assumed I would know how to use those weapons.
I did...but kind of illuminating that he just assumed. Pretty indicative of the sad norms there.

(And don't worry... This guy wasn't military at all & left Afghanistan a month later (2011-2012) never to return. Not Afghan...not US...only there short term...He lives on another continent now...looks different...and...this photo is 8 years old).

(Edit: Chopped photo)

44E5C507-55CD-4389-AEEE-1BA58E897273.jpeg

Maybe I was actually better off in my less conspicuous little Toyota pickup... But I can certainly see the appeal of the armored 200 in 2011 Jalalabad.. I stuck out like a sore thumb in town. :hillbilly:
(same photo as top)
769FDB2A-6CB6-42BA-B4A0-68973FC4BD99.jpeg

Last edited:
Markson, thanks for posting those.

Years ago a fellow club member referred me to a documentary on Netflix of the guy who started outfitting the 100 Series cruisers to survive IED's, rocket propelled grenades and whatever else they could throw at them in war torn areas. He was doing the testing so he could provide a product to diplomats and dignitaries that needed the ultimate protection. Its was unbelievable what those vehicles could hold up to and also the lives he saved in his R&D work. If I find the name of it I'll post it back here.

I'd love to see as I still have my 100 I am looking to trick out. But the 200 has spoiled me.

Tactical beard is hysterical

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom