Metal in My EYE!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Right eye started hurting Monday night around 8:30. Took some Tylenol & eye drops and felt better. 10:00 and its really throbbing now. Tried to lie down at 11:00 but that just made it hurt much worse. So I kind-of slept in my TV watchin chair all night. Felt better this morning so I went to work. After lunch starts throbbing again so I went to my family doc and he finds a "foreigh body" embedded in my CORNEA! He can't get it out so he immediately sends me to the olpthmologist (sp?). He deadens it with some drops and digs it out with a needle!

The last time I used my grinder was Saturday and I had my safety glases on. Brian and I removed the body from his 40 on Sunday. I don't remember getting hit with anything - ever. Doc said it may have been there since Saturday but did not hurt until it started rusting. I probably rubbed my eye and put it in there and it imbedded later.

I'm going to get some new safety glasses before I step back in the garage. Any suggestions? I'm wearing my sunglasses as I type this cause this screen is too bright!

Be SAFE!

Lash

stitches in my finger

Right index. Busted today working on the transmission. 4 stitches.

I like the fancy wrap around glases at Home Depot.

GT

Blister on my left thumb. Decided against the emergency room even though it hurt like hell. Don't even get me started about the hang nail on my pinky finger. Seriously, you guys need to be more careful.

Terry

77TLCFJ40-I hope that didn't come from trying to get the frozen bolt out!
Get better!
-by the way ever get the bolt out?

FJ60Guy,

I took it to a machine shop and they got it out. Unfortunately the brass bushings were destroyed in the process. I took them 3/4 and 5/8 pins so they could decide which fit the best so they will decide to drill both sides out to 3/4 or replace the sleves for a 5/8 fit. I took the mounting brackets as well in case they decide to drill the bar out, they will have to drill the brackets to match. This "cheap" tow bar is costing me a lot of money and PAIN! Tylox is a wonderful thing. Last night I was convinced I was sinking into my mattress. Keep your minds out of the gutter...

GT,

Was it a smash, a pinch, or a slice. I guess if I had to have one of the three I'd choose a slice. We want the bloody details!!! Was the nail involved? Pics??
Don't let it get infected! Get well soon. Need something for the pain?

Lash

Smash, to the bone. No nail. Right below the 2nd knuckle. Lots of blood. I left a bit of blood on the transmission for good measure. I kept a Band-Aid on it and covered that hand with a glove all day today while wrenching. It seems to already be healing up. I was thinking earlier.. we do all of our own wrenching... do you think we could start doing our own stitches? Couldn't be that complicated. Can you get us something to deaden the nerves? Ill try it first on Jes, you cut him. No pain, but :idea: I'll take whatever you got leftover just in case it starts hurting later. :cool:

Got the transmission and transfer stabbed back in there with a few bolts to hold it. Should be test driving tomorrow afternoon if everything continues to go well.

:beer::beer:

GT
77TLCFJ40 said:
GT,

Was it a smash, a pinch, or a slice. I guess if I had to have one of the three I'd choose a slice. We want the bloody details!!! Was the nail involved? Pics??
Don't let it get infected! Get well soon. Need something for the pain?

Lash

euclid said:
Ill try it first on Jes, you cut him.

(In my best G.T. voice)

You are so mean.

Why do you have to be such a jackass.

I need new friends.

Do you practice being such a jackass?

You really hurt my feelings.

Sheety jack won't even pick up the transmission. :doh:

I'm going to go and clean :flipoff2:

forward and reverse??

Yep. Big thanks to Jes. He helped me a lot.

Trained Killa said:
Blister on my left thumb. Decided against the emergency room even though it hurt like hell. Don't even get me started about the hang nail on my pinky finger. Seriously, you guys need to be more careful.

Terry

Get Terry to tell yall about how he got the crotch rot while we were in Baghdad! :confused:

Alright Jeff,

There is no need to bring up old s***.

Do you remember her name?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom