Member input needed for Logan’s run (1 Viewer)

Are you planning to attend Logan’s run 2022?

• I am a TLCA member

Votes: 28 66.7%
  • I am not a TLCA member

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • I am not a TLCA member but willing to become member

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • I am not a TLCA member and don’t plan on becoming one

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SFROMAN

SILVER Star
Threads
*****EDIT*******

The Decision has been made that LOGANS RUN registration rate will not change. It will stay at $30. The BOD has decided that the club can afford to cover the cost of the event.

Thanks for the input.

Thanks
Del Roman
ONSC PRESIDENT

Last edited:
Tthanks Del.

I don’t have admin rights.
Can one of you that does sticky this up top?

Thanks

You da man, Del

Thanks Del for chasing this!!

I appreciate you opening up this for discussion, I’m happy to help facilitate any questions people might have, since I am involved in the TLCA as well as ONSC.

30 responses. That is about 1/2 of the registrations we get each year for Logan’s run.
Thanks for the responses so far.

I will admit I am not a TLCA member anymore, I don't even own a LC anymore. But I was introduced to this club at the very first Logans Run, and many of you are FAMILY in my heart. I look forward to bring my grandkids in years to come. thanks for tolerating me

haha, you're the fire master. You can't leave!

Anyone that isn't (or is) a TLCA member and would like a copy of a current or past Toyota Trails magazine, let me know. They send me about 30 of them for each print, I'm happy to send an extra copy for you, if you're not able to pull apart the sticky pages of the issue that has a picture of your rig in it :)

And if you're not a TLCA member yet, LMK I can send you a free copy to check out. It's pretty cool to actually have a high quality collector style magazine for our little group. And if you stick around long enough at our events, there's a secret that you'll find out: Our local photo pro (alex cortani) is also the design director for the Toyota Trails magazine. So if you want to have an amazing pic of your rig in a future issue, show up to our events~!

For those willing to become a TLCA member, have a look at what each membership level includes here:

1654018046495.png

My 2 cents since i'm planning on making it to Logan's run.
(This is why I did my membership for ONSC this year Johnny ;) )
Since its now an only club members thing it makes sense to be a TLCA member anyway. Isn't there a rule with TLCA that their recognized clubs need to have 85 or 90% TLCA membership in their members anyway?
I am a TLCA member but at the same time an extra $30 for an event that honors an ONSC member and sends all the proceeds to 4wd charities is something i'd be fine spending.
That said years ago when my finances were not doing too well from being laid off I may have felt differently.
I do have one question about the members only thing or even TLCA insurance thing.
Does it matter if my BIL and my niece and nephew were to attend with me or would that screw up the insurance?
I'm pretty sure I know the answer as I did go to a lot of TLCA events right when I got my cruiser as a guest of a TLCA member and there wasn't an issue, but I wanted to make sure on that point.
Looking forward for the sign up sheet for the event either way. My plan was originally to go out a week before and get the 80 done enough to at least make the event. But since the last two times i've planned that work life has gotten in the way, i'm planning on farming out the work on the 80 to a club member and have him finish it off before Logan's. That way even if work is stupid busy I should be able to make the LR weekend out and back flying red eye flights.

The insurance only applies to registered “driver”
The registered “driver” is the one that signs the insurance waiver.

However it might not be necessary to pay for a TLCA membership. I’m currently working on some options.

More to follow in a different post

Del Roman
ONSC PRESIDENT

The insurance only applies to registered “driver”
The registered “driver” is the one that signs the insurance waiver.

However it might not be necessary to pay for a TLCA membership. I’m currently working on some options.

More to follow in a different post

Del Roman
ONSC PRESIDENT
Thanks Del, that makes sense.

all members

So it appears my suspicion was correct and most attending Logan’s run are TLCA members already or willing to become TLCA members.

So here are some considerations and I would like input from you, the ONSC family.

Do we require TLCA and ONSC membership? According to this survey 92.3% agree with doing this.

I do have another suggestion.

Instead of the option above, ( requiring TLCA and ONSC membership ) to attend Logan’s run how about a simpler solution that allows the club to keep more of the money?
My proposal is to not require TLCA membership. BUT, We would raise the attendance fee for Logan’s run from $30 to $50. A raise of $20 for all attendees will cover the cost of the insurance. Instead of the money going to TLCA.
I still think that $50 is a hell of a deal with the type of prizes in the raffle, family atmosphere, camping, food and shirt.

One thing to keep in mind and the reason for this whole thread is that currently the event is costing the club money, ( $2300/ $2800 last year) and estimated to cost the club about $3000. With the $20 increase in registration fee my plan is to reduce the cost down to about $2000 which I am still not comfortable with but it is a start.

The BOD is currently voting on what option to go with. I am opening up this discussion to members in good standing to be a little more transparent and to involve more discussion so please let me know what you think.

I only ask that you stay on topic and be in good standing with the club. I will leave this up for discussion for about 2 weeks or until it dies down. I will take points from this discussion to make a final decision.

Thanks
Del Roman
ONSC PRESIDENT

When you say it cost the club money are you saying after the club gets the money from registration, merch sales and raffle sales the club still has to shell out $2,800?

So just to dumb what i'm asking down are you saing if the club made $3,000 (random number) off of registration, merch sales raffle sales the total cost to put on the event came out to $5,800? (3,000 + 2,800)

Al and anybody else that wants to know.

Yes. Roughly 60 registrations x $30 = $1800
And the club will still need another $2500-$3000 to run the event.

It is the reason why I want input from the club.

As far as I am concerned raising the cost of the event to $50 is in line with the rising costs for the club to host the event. However, I didn’t want to just raise the registration cost by $20 without at least some input from the club.

Now I’m not opposed to the club having to put some money to run the event ( a lot of the money is to buy prizes for the raffle) but I would like to get that number a little lower

Last edited:
My question will be. How is the club doing in other events. Is it the same situation or is the club making money. I know this is hard to talk about on a public forum but if the club generates money at the end of the year and the club pays for meet and greet, Christmas party and other get together and still have money from the other public events are we depleting founds or we still have plenty of money. Since the club is a non profit i dont see the problem that the club spend the money on the members now. If there is no money and club is not making money for the events lets get the admission up and keep rolling. Maybe offer student and senior discounts. Just my 2 cents. I am sure you guys thought about this already

Great points Rafael.
My intention is to use Logan’s run to take a few minutes before the raffle to give the club an update on where the club stands financially as well as a breakdown of expenditures just so club members know where we stand as a club.
Also to talk about other ideas I have to give back to club members.

The club is fine financially so I understand if we agree to let the club pay for Logan’s run. If that is the consensus then that is fine. That is what we will do. Keep in mind that even by raising the registration fee to $50 the club is still paying for at least half of the event. Essentially the money the club made for hosting Carolina relic run is what will pay for Logan’s run.

Hope that satisfies your concerns and or questions.

Al and anybody else that wants to know.

Yes. Roughly 60 registrations x $30 = $1800
And the club will still need another $2500-$3000 to run the event.

It is the reason why I want input from the club.

As far as I am concerned raising the cost of the event to $50 is in line with the rising costs for the club to host the event. However, I didn’t want to just raise the registration cost by $20 without at least some input from the club.

Now I’m not opposed to the club having to put some money to run the event ( a lot of the money is to buy prizes for the raffle) but I would like to get that number a little lower

That's a huge cost compared to what it used to be. Is it the insurance that is adding up so much? Asking because when I started the event it was made in mind to use the proceeds from the event to do 4x4 charitable donations in Logans name. Throughout the first 5 years of the event we always had a profit of over 1k to do those donations. Since I haven't been to one since then or been part of planning it I don't know where that extra money is going but I hate to think the club is losing money on the event now. Maybe see where the expenses are going and what could be cut out.
It doesn't really matter to me if the price is raised for the tickets but if the club is still losing money on it then that's something to really look at.
I guess the club needs to decide if it's ok covering the cost, raising the prices enough to cover the costs, cut out things to bring down the cost etc....
Thanks for bringing this up to the club as a whole Del

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom