Megazip stole my CC info? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Megazip... I've used their parts search function for a very long time but never ordered.
I placed an order about 10 days ago. Two days later I get a random charge at a clothing store in Hong Kong, followed almost immediately by someone using my card to register their car in North Carolina (dumb!) I froze and cancelled the card, and called the NC DMV to try to find out who would be stupid enough to try to register a car with a stolen credit card ;P
I don't know for sure it was Megazip, but it seems too convenient not to be since the card is really only used to pay bills. Also, since I made the purchase my email has been getting a ton more spam.
Megazip has communicated about my order, they say to expect shipping info soon but we'll see...

Has anyone had similar issues or actually received the parts they ordered?

I bought from Megazip, and the parts were as expected. But within a few days I had false and fraudulent charges overseas on my CC. I suspected my CC info was stolen during the Megazip transaction - I did not deal with any other online company at the time - but of course it is impossible to prove. For this reason, I’ve not dealt with Megazip since.

Humm? I used them for the first time a few weeks ago. Parts arrived but were slow to ship. I will have to check my accounts to see if there is any fraudulent activity.

Ordered a couple of times from them over the last couple of years. Never had an issue. I can understand your concern though.

I should be clear: I had ordered from Megazip many times, had good service, good parts and prices, and no problems. But the last time was when my CC info was stolen, and that was enough for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom