Meet "Fat Amy" my Amazon Green 200 Series (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My experience with used tires off CL has been laughable. JBo speaks the truth. I bought a set of Michelins with supposedly a couple thousand miles on them. Took them to JBo to mount and balance, and we found at least two were out of round - WAY out of round...

Buyer beware. Hope your experience is better than mine.

Spends $40k on 200-series. Buys used tires off CL :)

Whatever floats your boat. As JBo said, the tires are the only thing between your vehicle and the road. Remember there's a dude in the club that can hook you up on dem rubbers.

Chris got the tires mounted and balanced yesterday morning. They look almost brand new; no pieces of tread missing, no repairs, no scratches, no scuffs, nothing-- They still even have the "whiskers". I am extremely happy with my CL experience. Sorry you have had bad luck in the past. I have always had good luck with CL, as long as I stick to a strict set of guidelines to avoid as much BS as possible. I've sold 3 cars and bought a bunch of stuff without too much hassle.

IMG_1857_zps432f6ba6.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpse9807531.jpg

Last edited:
Call it overkill, but I just ordered a full set of 2.5" Kings with remote reservoirs on all 4 corners. I had them install 700lb springs in the front to handle the weight of a future bull bar and winch.

oem_toyota_LANDCRUISER_kits.png

Its gonna be bad ass once I get them installed. Should be shipped at the beginning of the year.

Now I need to buy my rear springs, and I will be set.

Last edited:
Call it overkill, but I just ordered a full set of 2.5" Kings with remote reservoirs on all 4 corners. I had them install 700lb springs in the front to handle the weight of a future bull bar and winch.

Its gonna be bad ass once I get them installed. Should be shipped at the beginning of the year.

Who did you buy from? Considering these when my Icons go.

I got them from Down South Motorsports in SoCal. They had a 10% off sale on King for Cyber Monday. I couldn't resist. Free shipping too.

Largest overkill since the invasion of Grenada.

Go big or go home

wow

Don't get too excited.

I called King and found out that their OEM kit will only give a 1.5" lift. :(

I decided that was not enough, so I cancelled my order. I am now thinking about the Koni 90 Raids, or Ironman's new Foam Cell Coilover kit. It has a 60,000 km warranty, and that is pretty appealing.

I am also thinking about the TJM Bullbar still. I may call MetalTech and get them to order me one.

Last edited:
Why need more? You are not running a bigger tire than what you have now are you.

I had ironman foam cell on an 80 years ago and best shocks I have ever used on a lifted truck. Will get to use on the 100 when needed.

I am running 33 1/4 tires right now. They scrub just a bit. I'd also like to have 35's one day, so I might as well get the right lift the first time. Its good to hear that you liked your Ironman Foam Cells. They've got a new shock that is supposed to be awesome, but not in the states yet. Should be delivering in February.

I did. I had thought I was going to go that route when I originally bought my truck.

Basically, I decided if I was going to buy a racing shock, I would splurge and get the best (King).

In the end though, and after careful consideration, I decided that I didn't want to fool with racing shocks, due to the fact that they need constant attention/servicing. Glenn at Radflo was awesome though, and I would recommend his products and service to anyone thinking about a suspension like that.

I decided something simpler and more reliable (than a racing shock (ICON, Radflo, King, etc.)) would fit my needs best.

Here are the shocks I am considering: http://www.ironman4x4.com/foam-cell-pro-shock-absorbers/

Page-1.jpg

Page-2.jpg

Last edited:
Those Foam Cells look nice...been eyeballing that setup for my 100.

I can't find that they are going to make the PRO series for the 100 though. Have sent MetalTech an email.

Foam cells are nice. I installed them on a 100 a few years ago. Made it ride like a caddy.

Remember Mark Hawley at MetalTech 4x4 is the proud owner of
I hate what happened to Eli @ Camel4x4. I hope Metal Tech can service the products well.
Mark Hawley at Metal Tech is the bomb.com

Remember Mark Hawley at MetalTech 4x4 is the proud owner of

Mark Hawley at Metal Tech is the bomb.com

What happened at Camel4x4?

I have not spoken with Mark.

L.T. always answers the phone. He is very knowledgeable and helpful, but sounds really sad; kinda like someone just ran over his puppy. I think it is just the way he talks though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom