Mechanic & General MUD help in Costa Mesa area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

musthave

Doc says I'm 1 in 120K. Lucky?
Supporting Vendor
Threads
I am looking to have a mechanic / MUD help solution for my 97 land cruiser that my daughter will soon be driving out to the Costa Mesa area.

Everything that I can think of has been done, head gasket, and nearly everything on the front end is new. Everything works currently.

As life goes I am certain that she (I) will have a need for a local mechanic to take care of the various things that come up. I found Cruiser Tech and Topline and it seems that they are both reputable. It would be best if I could give business to someone on Mud if that opportunity is available. Besides the shops I mentioned, are there any others I should consider? Are there any Mud members in the area who have their own shop?

While she's pretty familiar with her cruiser, it would be great is she at least knew some of the local people with cruisers. Sometimes it's good to know someone local that you can bounce a question off of about cruisers. Of course, I've told her that if she needs almost anything done I'd happily fly out and take care of it, but I'm not sure that I will have my wife's support for that more than once.

I've got my west coast cruiser in storage in Costa Mesa too, so I am hoping that I'll be able to get her on some of the nearby trails near Silverado and Santiago Peak.

So, if you've got a good mechanic in the area, please let me know.

Thanks - Tim

Post this in the official Socal TLCA section too. More traffic there than here these days. The two shops you mention I've heard good things about, but have not used either. Yotamasters in Corona is good too. I personally drive the 60 miles down to SD Trux in La Jolla. Crazy, but John and crew do fa tistic work and I TRUST them.

Im in Costa Mesa with my HDJ81. I wrench on my truck, but I wouldn't call myself a mechanic. When I don't have time or need a bigger job, I go to Cruiser Tech. Cesar is great and can get things done in a timely manner. Topline are nice guys and generally do good work, but HB is a drive and they typically have long wait times.

Yotamasters are also great, but Corona is way too far to be worth it.

Hi my name is Phi. I own Phi Auto Body in Garden Grove area. Im not specialize in LC repair but I have been fixing landcruiser as a personal hobby for a while now especially the 80s . Also I carry fair amount of spares for all my personal 80s. I can help you with some of the minor repair and maintenance. If she is good with a wrench, she can use my shop and tools on the weekend to do whatever she might need.

Phi

I'm Boyd, in Costa Mesa with my FZJ80. I do most everything myself but I did use YotaMasters for my diff gears. There really aren't great options nearby, but always glad to see another cruiser in Costa Mesa!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom