MD mechanic suggestions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sorry if this is redundant but does anyone have suggestions for a good LC mechanic in the Maryland (annapolis) area? I have an '11 LC 200 and I hate the dealers in the area. I can do most things but i feel like im having transmission issues. I'm the second owner and while it looks like it was serviced properly according to carfax for what it;s worth, I still feel like something is off when shifting. Shifts really hard in low gears and has been since i got it. I just had the tansmission flushed thinking that could help but no difference. Thanks!

idk but if I hear about anyone "close" I'll give you a shout.

Sorry if this is redundant but does anyone have suggestions for a good LC mechanic in the Maryland (annapolis) area? I have an '11 LC 200 and I hate the dealers in the area. I can do most things but i feel like im having transmission issues. I'm the second owner and while it looks like it was serviced properly according to carfax for what it;s worth, I still feel like something is off when shifting. Shifts really hard in low gears and has been since i got it. I just had the tansmission flushed thinking that could help but no difference. Thanks!
The only options I am aware of are OTRAMM in Virginia (he is who I use and I’m in Ellicott City) or Land Cruiser Heaven in Hagerstown (have not personally used them).

Chesapeake Import Services is not a Land Cruiser specialty shop of course, but they know what they are doing. I don't think you need a Land Cruiser specialty shop to address transmission shifting issue. https://chesapeakeimportservices.com

Are you talking about hard shifting in lower gears, or hard shifting in 4 Low?

Chesapeake Import Services is not a Land Cruiser specialty shop of course, but they know what they are doing. I don't think you need a Land Cruiser specialty shop to address transmission shifting issue. https://chesapeakeimportservices.com

Are you talking about hard shifting in lower gears, or hard shifting in 4 Low?
Shifting hard in lower gears. Going slowly up a hill (like my driveway) if i need to give it a little more gas to go a bit further you feel the clunk of the gears pretty hard as it lurches up a foot or two.

Shifting hard in lower gears. Going slowly up a hill (like my driveway) if i need to give it a little more gas to go a bit further you feel the clunk of the gears pretty hard as it lurches up a foot or two.
Does that always happen around a certain speed? For example if this something that normally happen around that 10mph or so mark that's Toyota trans for you.. I notice it when I'm slowing down to that speed and then if I get back on the gas slowly it will lurch into 2nd. It tries to drop into 1st since its slow but then jumps back up. If you had a '16 or newer there is definitely a TSB out there to fix the shift mapping.

Does that always happen around a certain speed? For example if this something that normally happen around that 10mph or so mark that's Toyota trans for you.. I notice it when I'm slowing down to that speed and then if I get back on the gas slowly it will lurch into 2nd. It tries to drop into 1st since its slow but then jumps back up. If you had a '16 or newer there is definitely a TSB out there to fix the shift mapping.
Yes same speed and damn this sounds exactly like what im dealing with. Well good news I don't need a new transmission haha. Thanks!

I'll second Extra mile. Jeremy and staff are good people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom