May trail ride, 21st, to Buena Vista area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SAS

Seeking higher vistas
Threads
During the April club meeting, we discussed options for the club outing in May. It was on the calendar as "club choice" so we had a few ideas and chose to go to the Buena Vista area to run Bald Mountain Gulch (FS Road 300) and Bald Mountain Loop (FS Road 300B). These are intermediate difficulty roads due to some step/ledges and some rocky obstacles, but they are suitable for stock 4x4 rigs.

This outing can be a day trip or an overnight camping trip. I'm planning to camp overnight and drive some roads on Sunday as well.

Let's meet at the Alta convenience store in Crystola on Saturday morning, between 8 and 8:30am. We'll depart at 8:30 and drive Hwy 24 W to Hartsel and Antero Junction, then drop down Trout Creek Pass toward Johnson Village/Buena Vista, getting off the pavement in "the Castles" area on FS Road 307.

EDIT: Let's keep an eye on the weather forecast---the weekend looks like a cold front with winter storm potential.

Is anyone inclined to make this trip on Saturday?

Should we postpone it to Sunday? I don't want to camp overnight in inclement/poor weather, LOL.

Hmmm...no replies today; I'm thinking everyone is thinking "let's pull the plug on this weekend".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom