Maxstone 10: AKA AX10 Clone (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys i don't have the money to buy the real deal so I bought one of exceeds Maxstone 10's. I removed some unneccessary things and relocated the electronics. It had some TT that i eliminated with spacers and stiffer springs. It came with 2 extra sets one soft the other hard which i put on it. It does limit the flex though so i will have to figure out a better way to fix the TT. It's my first crawler so any help on really getting it dialed in would be awesome. I have researched enough and it will take "some" Axial parts. Anyways here are some photos.

Last edited:
Cool! I would probably delete the shot of your growroom. Don't want all the neighbors knowing about that!

Here are a couple more showing a couple mods. Also got a hiTec HS-645mg Servo for up front. Do any of you guys have your own crawling course? i'm starting to build one in an empty shed we have so far I have made some ladder bridges but I need rock and some ideas.

Last edited:
Got my FJ40 body. I will be painting it like my 1:1, black top, OD Green Body, white Bezel.

I will have to figure out how to set up my suspension so the body doesn't rub. I may use clear rubber fuel line to limit the articulation.

Also a picture of the start of my crawling course.

Last edited:
New Pics! got my FJ40 body painted. I just need to finish the decals. Will be putting the DS mirror on and the front turn signals too, wish they were round.

Last edited:
Got some new meats and wheel spacers from CKRCCrawlers.com

Hot Bodies White dot Rovers and 13mm spacers.

What do you guys run as far as weight in the front and rear?

Last edited:
your toe is out..... wait that sounded wrong! lol

I can't remember exactly how much weight i run, but it's a ton up front and just a little in the rear.

your toe is out..... wait that sounded wrong! lol

I can't remember exactly how much weight i run, but it's a ton up front and just a little in the rear.

I think the toe is like that because of the spacers but it doesn't look as bad in person. Since I have the split packs up front should I put more or leave it? And then some wheel weights in the back?

you are running those heavy packs, that's right i forgot... i run the lipo pack and have it on my links and still added a bunch of weight to the front. I'll try to weigh one of my wheels and tires and tell you what they weigh. You will notice a big improvement; helps keep the truck planted on climbs.

it climbs pretty well it the coming down that is iffy. The ass end is all over, I get rear steer pretty bad. I am currently running no weight in the back.

ahh, yea you need some weight in the rear. As a guess, i would say i run about 1/4 of the weight in the front, in the back.

In this pic i have my lipo pack sitting up on a chassis plate, but now i'm moving it down onto the links so it's not "sprung weight".

Let me go weigh a tire and i'll post back up.
DSCI0075.jpg

Lookin Good!

a lot of guys run weight bias 2/1 for F/R. 8 oz up front and 4 in the rear is what I have (each)
Ive got a friend running the sedonas and each front wheel weighs a pound assembled and it does well.

I burnt my 645 out and went to the 5645 MG. I would probably skip this and go bigger if you upgrade. Just ordered the daddy of em all so it should be the last one :D

You mean to tell me you guys dont have old swampers lying around your place? They make great obstacles! add a few pallets and one ton of rip raff and viola. :D

The rope bridge is a fun one too. And buy some 16'' wooden stakes and an air nailer for throwin together some random ramps/bridges/etc.

I started out with a linear course to cover more ground given a track about 24'' wide the goal was to stay on the rocks vs. chosing a line or challenge. Was fun but all things evolve and now its a one big lump pile of anything I can find to crawl on :D even a papason chair under there somewhere.
outdoor course 001 (Large).jpg
outdoor course 002 (Large).jpg
outdoor course 003 (Large).jpg

ahh, yea you need some weight in the rear. As a guess, i would say i run about 1/4 of the weight in the front, in the back.

In this pic i have my lipo pack sitting up on a chassis plate, but now i'm moving it down onto the links so it's not "sprung weight".

Let me go weigh a tire and i'll post back up.

I see you are running Sedona's how do they grip? Nice crawler too!

I'll get some weight added to the rear axle.

Lookin Good!

a lot of guys run weight bias 2/1 for F/R. 8 oz up front and 4 in the rear is what I have (each)
Ive got a friend running the sedonas and each front wheel weighs a pound assembled and it does well.

I burnt my 645 out and went to the 5645 MG. I would probably skip this and go bigger if you upgrade. Just ordered the daddy of em all so it should be the last one :D

You mean to tell me you guys dont have old swampers lying around your place? They make great obstacles! add a few pallets and one ton of rip raff and viola. :D

The rope bridge is a fun one too. And buy some 16'' wooden stakes and an air nailer for throwin together some random ramps/bridges/etc.

I started out with a linear course to cover more ground given a track about 24'' wide the goal was to stay on the rocks vs. chosing a line or challenge. Was fun but all things evolve and now its a one big lump pile of anything I can find to crawl on :D even a papason chair under there somewhere.

Nice course you've got there. I never thought about using old tires. I have a few laying around that I might have to put to good use.

I love the sedonas!! They grip like crazy!

Sorry man, i went out to weigh one of my wheels and my scale batteries are dead.

The pics of the course up above don't really show how cool some of the climbs are! It would really show it if there was a truck on it.

Got my led's hooked up. Did some night snow crawling. Lights are pretty high so they are mostly for show. I was thinking about throwing in a 3000kv brushless but I don't think the drivetrain could handle it.

Last edited:
I decided to stay with the stock motor and swapped in my traxxas vxl esc. Now I can run my lipos and still have the low end but also get some more wheel speed when I need it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom