Matt's Off Road Recovery - GX460 Getting Some Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I saw it. That’s a pretty extreme road. Should probably be closed. He has to keep going back there. And it’s always death defying.
They mention at the end how built and capable that GX is. And it still couldn’t make it. The morvair struggled and that rig is ridiculous.

Nope, I'm not interested in doing that trail. I prefer the consequences of my mistakes being a bit less permanent. Hard pass.

Reactions: r2m
WARNING: Don't Use This Trail! We Could've Died.

Didn't see this posted yet, figured everyone might get a kick out of it.
As I like to say, I built my rig as an overlander. Yeah, I have front and rear lockers, regeared, suspension, winch, yada, yada, yada... But all that is for worst case scenario's, knowing that I have the tools built in my rig to get me out of most any situation.
I've done some rock crawling with it, and all I can say is, it wasn't cheap.
As Clint Eastwood would say, " A man has to know his limits." And I know mine.
Should I ever forget and start down a bad trail, I have my wife next to me, in a very excited and agitated voice yelling at me my limits too!

Reportedly this rig

I just did a once over on his thread, and it sure looks like it. Same rear bumper cut-away with the steel tube protection around the bottom.
The rear is pretty unique, so I'm sure it's gamera.

It's a beautiful truck, that's for sure. And I'll cop to getting a bit over my head on a hill climb or two. The exposure of those drop-offs just puts a pit in my stomach. Funny thing about my wife though, I don't think she really gets the gravity of the situation. I had my front end get light climbing a ledge, but she was just about asleep next to me. She thinks fast=danger so slow=safe. I'm in no rush to have to correct that.

Reactions: r2m
I saw that episode this week too and expected them to be harder on the GX. I thought to myself “ that’s actually a very capable rig”. The fact that the Corvair buggy struggled was quite telling.

I posted this too on Friday :). MORR is a great channel. I need to stop watching it as it's making me really want to head back to Utah.

That's a crazy hill and best walked up. Rolling off that would be deadly for the occupants and dangerous for first responders and whoever eventually recovers the vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom