Master window switch - beer for a tester (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I think I may have an issue with my master window switch. I'd like to swap with someone that has a known working part to try and narrow it down. It would take 15 minutes tops, if someone wouldn't mind helping out.

I'm in Fort Worth/Burleson area, I'll buy you a twelve pack of your favorite brew for your time.

*EDIT* this is for a 100 series cruiser.

Thanks for looking.

I believe it's a pretty common issue on the 100. Mine was doing it too. I opened the driver side door, and where the cluster of wiring comes from the door to the body, I lifted it a little. All the switches worked again like normal. So it's some kind of short or something- at least on my cruiser. I haven't permanently fixed it yet, but I did rig a zip tie to it and it works fine. Lol.

I tried that, no luck. Thanks for the advice though. It still could be a broken wire, but moving the door wire boot doesn't fix it.

I started a troubleshooting thread, no definitive answers. Yet another door lock problem...
Basically, the door switches no longer lock the doors. That's the only function that stopped working. Remote still locks them though. I replaced the body ECU, no go.

You are welcome to plug my master door switch in to yours and see if it works. If your ever up by me you're welcome to try it. I'm in north Fort Worth, near 35/Basswood. It's an option if you don't figure anything out.

Canon, thanks for the offer! I got her all fixed up though, thankfully. Ended up being the relay/fuse panel that needed to be replaced. Not a fun job, but got a deal on a donor part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom