Master key / reseed options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My sister in law is overlanding from North America to the bottom of South America (Chile? Argentina? not sure which one has roads furthest south) in a 2007 Toyota Tundra.

She had to ship the truck from the Panama canal to Cartagena, Colombia and during that process managed to lose the master key to the truck. She still has the valet key, so they can still drive the truck at the moment. However, she's nervous having only a single copy of the key at this point.

It's my understanding that without a master key, she cannot follow any steps herself (unless she had a techstream) to re-program/re-seed new keys.

I'm hoping there's potentially a solution that I haven't though of yet. They're not sure if the Toyota dealerships there will be able to assist them, as they're thinking the Sequoia/Tundra are North American vehicles only. I'm assuming that ignition systems are probably cross platform, but what do I know?

Also, if someone happens to read this from Cartagena and feels like helping out, she would be greatful. They speak basic spanish, but would probably be lost trying to speak with a car dealership.

Thanks in advance!

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom