March Club Run to Petroglyphs and then Bronco Canyon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Maybe have it re balanced or re tubed if the candy cane or gouges are deep. Anytime there is any kind of dent or indent it really weakens the metal and integrity of the D.line. Sorry your having that problem. Welcome to rockcrawling. I thought you did great by the way. I kinda lost track of you after I broke. Had my nose in my axle. Sucks!

Thanks man! What I noticed quickly was how different the terrain was from what I was used to in Moab. And how you need to be more technically proficient and precise with your driving. I'm excited because this is a 'new' challenge to me.

I did have to reset the preload on my right wheel bearing, then added lube to the d-line, then balanced the tires... but the vibration is more or less still there. Don't think it's a U-joint, and I've decided to drop it off with Marty at Martin's Auto to see what he thinks. He's great with my rig, and my rig likes him too. Hopefully it isn't any big deal.

Thats what bothered me most about my break is that I had the parts to fix it but they wouldn't go back together. The birf was too big??? So what should have taken about 1.5 hours took 3 and I still had to be towed off the rocks in 2 wheel. So I guess make sure the parts fit before you break. I am wondering if forcing some turns when it was locked up with the broken birfield piece may have damaged the knuckle balls? I ordered a new spindle as the threads were all bungered up. Will be tearing apart and fixing this wknd.
Do you remember what the birf was from?
Well... YA know... Crap happens. Whaddya do?!

I have figured out it is my rear drive shaft. 100 dollar replacement / no big deal.

Do you remember what the birf was from?
Well... YA know... Crap happens. Whaddya do?!
You got that right!:(

I ordered it online so long ago that I don't remember. I took the knuckle off and it went in fine after some grinding. The flat spots on either side were not as wide or deep. It may be a better longfield. Interested to see how it spins inside the knuckle ball when turning.:confused:

How about some pictures of wheeling???? or didn't anyone get to the wash?

I think some pics have been posted. The wash was full of deep water and white mud. I think by the time we got there with the breakage and such people were just happy to be outta there.

Sounds like the Jeep was the only one with the debilitating damage. Any word from Jeff on if they worked on it to see what the issue was?
He was out of town all week, haven't had a chance to chat yet this week.

I have figured out it is my rear drive shaft. 100 dollar replacement / no big deal.
Next time take it to Bayshore over in Sparks, they may have been able to fix it for you.

1. Bayshore Truck Equipment Co
    Truck Repair Shop
    Address: 860 Watson Way, Sparks, NV 89431
    Phone:(775) 331-6605

Thanks for that tip Dan!

I have heard good things about Bayshore on the Reno 4x4 forums. I think it is them that make U-bolts as well.

I've been to Martin's Auto several times, and they've been very good to me...

I've been to Martin's Auto several times, and they've been very good to me...
Martin is just about the only one who has worked on any of my trucks except for me in many years. They are good people over there.

I have heard good things about Bayshore on the Reno 4x4 forums. I think it is them that make U-bolts as well.
They have always been fair on pricing and their work is good. They do diff set ups, drive line fabrication/repair, flywheel surfacing etc.

Yeah, I can't say enough good things about Martin, Chuck, and the gang there. That shop gets a big time thumbs up from me, and they always get first right of refusal to anything mechanical on my rig.

Sill looking for who ever lost their CB antenna in Bronco I keep tripping over it in the garage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom