Many Thanks. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thanks Miescha for letting us use the bldg on Saturday that was great. Why is it called the PHH again?

Thanks StLCruiser for the great Sands, I need the address, it would be worth a trip to the city for another. You're truck looks even better.

Thank Moj for your expertise once again. I know you think it's psychological, but I'm being honest when I tell u there is actually more power above 2500 rpm now.

Knock on wood, even with all of the cracked hoses and the hose' box coming to the rescue no CEL.

I also like the tip to pull the EFI fuse rather than disconnecting the battery. I never knew that.

BTW I still need to do my front axle. Hopefully before the next trip.

I second that! Thanks to William for the great facilities, and to Jason for his expertise. I couldn't of done it without him. Now onto the bushings.

I'm glad William was able to get things buttoned up just after I left.

Is anyone sore?
Gioia's Deli, 1934 Macklind Ave., 314-776-1410 (Closed Sunday)

Steve

I second that! Thanks to William for the great facilities, and to Jason for his expertise. I couldn't of done it without him. Now onto the bushings.

I'm glad William was able to get things buttoned up just after I left.

Is anyone sore?
Gioia's Deli, 1934 Macklind Ave., 314-776-1410 (Closed Sunday)

Steve

My shin is where I slipped coming down out of the engine compartment. WHy didn't you catch me???:bounce:

Dismount

My shin is where I slipped coming down out of the engine compartment. WHy didn't you catch me???:bounce:

By the gracefulness of your "dismount", I thought it was on purpose. I give it a 7.5!

Steve

My head is still a little sore from banging it into the lift.

I had a great time helping everyone. It was fun just to get together and shoot the $hit. It was especially fun watching William run around trying to figure out why his truck was missing a few breather hoses.

It really turned out to be a great weekend. I spent Sunday AM restoring a propeller from my great uncle's 1930's bi-plane. Notice the damage on the tip of the prop and the date in pencil. The damage resulted from taking too steep of a glide path and not having enough time to flare, smacking the prop into the ground. Strangely I made the same mistake while flying a Piper in the mid 90's.

466370544_m6gTM-M.jpg

466370552_XgQ89-M.jpg

466370582_ktHAq-M.jpg

466370571_idHvg-M.jpg

Last edited:
I had a blast and I'm just glad we made it work with only three lifts (plus tons of garage space).

I always appreciate having multiple cruisers around to compare and see how things are supposed to be (like why my truck was missing the tranny breather hoses - that I rerouted to the firewall back in 2000).

Definitely a great meal provided by STLCruiser - and yes, my arms are bruised from the wrist to the elbow (all around) from jambing them both up into the wheel well opening to reach the damn heater hose. My knees are also bruised from kneeling on the ARB while changing the firewall heater hoses. And my ego is bruised after getting the PHH off in something like 5 minutes and then spending 2 hours to figure out how to get the new one back on the dang tube (for the record, it only took about 5 minutes to get it back in place once I did it correctly).

Steve's truck definitely looks better with the new springs - and man they went on fast and easy!

I plan to get my truck back on the lift in the next week or so - as soon as the crank position sensor arrives along with the block heater. I'm not sure if my power steering pump is leaking - I'll check again when it is on the lift.

Thanks again to everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom