Makita Tools - tech related since I use them on my 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

^ that is an important point. You could ruin some good Lithium batteries that way if it indeed happens. Although I would hope that the BMS built into the battery would prevent that.

I’ve had a camelcamelcamel alert set on this for a few years, and it’s never been this low:

Makita XVJ03Z 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless Jig Saw, Tool Only Amazon product ASIN B00K194J8E

I also grabbed this 😬

Makita XMT03Z 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless Multi-Tool, Tool Only Amazon product ASIN B00LIV11RG
I would send that back and get the newer brushless model instead. I have that one, use it alot, it's OK, but I bought my son the newer one for Christmas and it is much better.

I’ve had a camelcamelcamel alert set on this for a few years, and it’s never been this low:

Makita XVJ03Z 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless Jig Saw, Tool Only Amazon product ASIN B00K194J8E
I grabbed one too. Thanks! My corded makita has had much better days, and I've been wanting a cordless one.

Something odd - I got it for $99, and I bought it right after you posted it. Makes me wonder if amazon has different pricing for the same items (by geography, or something else...).

I grabbed one too. Thanks! My corded makita has had much better days, and I've been wanting a cordless one.

Something odd - I got it for $99, and I bought it right after you posted it. Makes me wonder if amazon has different pricing for the same items (by geography, or something else...).
Yea, $99 for me too. Not sure why the preview shows $107.

I would send that back and get the newer brushless model instead. I have that one, use it alot, it's OK, but I bought my son the newer one for Christmas and it is much better.

Thanks for the heads up. I currently have a $19 Harbor Freight, but I’ll check out the brushless.

TBH I'm always a bit leery when I see an across the board sale of a family of tools, wondering if they are getting rid of it because of better ones coming soon, or realizing they are not competitive any more...

I'm seeing good deals on power tools on CL for older tools fairly often but I'd rather try to get brushless when I can now.

And with Makitas in particular, I'm kinda wondering about the 18V vs 40V bit.

But no matter, yea for buying any new tool at all!

Last edited:
I've been considering something like these:
I just store batteries on a shelf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom