Maintenance Required light won't go out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I cleared all the maintenance items in the menu ('06 with Nav.) yet the Maintenance Required light flashes 6 times each time you start the vehicle. What else can I try, short of pulling the battery cable for a period of time to (maybe) do a more full reset?

I cleared all the maintenance items in the menu ('06 with Nav.) yet the Maintenance Required light flashes 6 times each time you start the vehicle. What else can I try, short of pulling the battery cable for a period of time to (maybe) do a more full reset?
Change the oil then do the oil reminder reset procedure.

stole this from another page, but I believe the below info is the procedure. Worked for me.

Maint

The Maint Reqd light goes off in a GX470 every 5k miles, to let you know it’s time for an oil change. Here’s how to reset it:
Turn your key to “On”, you don’t have to start the engine.
Maint

Turn the odometer to ODO, where it shows your mileage. Not either of your Trip meters.
Turn off the key. Hold the reset trip button, then turn the key back to “On”, but not starting it. Keep holding the button.
The light will flash a few times, then go away. You can release the button now, you’re done.

Last edited:
Thanks - I got it cleared.

I didn't realize that when you have navigation, you still have to clear the odometer-based 'Maint Reqd' light as well as turning off the maintenance element in the dash display.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom