Machine Shop - West Side? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

C6H12O6

SILVER Star
Threads
I need to get my intake manifold and headers planed to the same thickness. Any machine shop recommendations on the west side? I'm in Beaverton, so Beaverton/Tigard/Hillsboro would be great. Portland is fine, too, if the shop is worth the drive. Should be a pretty easy job.

Thanks!
Steve

Thanks. I'll give them a call. Need to measure the intake when I get it off. Not even sure I need to plane them yet, but I want to make sure they seal up well.

Steve is grumpy, but he seemed to do good work and his price was less than originally quoted and he was quick.

FYI, he couldn't get the headers on his machine, so he just hit the high spots with a belt sander. The intake was able to bolt down to his planer, so that got a nice, flat surface that was the same thickness as the headers. Wish me luck.

Was really hoping to drive it to the meeting tomorrow night. Still a maybe, but I'll be working on it right up until go time. Ordered new studs and washers from Toyota. New gasket is waiting at home. I'm going to drop off the header flange to Ed's Muffler today so I can connect the headers to my current exhaust. New 2.5" pipe and muffler coming soon, but I'd like to get it driving first so I can adjust the valves and carb.

Picking up the studs this afternoon and hoping to get the new headers and intake back in without too much trouble. I got the old headers jammed in there at a terrible angle trying to remove them. Ended up taking a cut-off wheel to them to pull them out in pieces. They were such garbage, it wasn't a big loss, but it looked like an exhaust pipe crime scene in the garage last night. Not pretty.

It looks like the new headers will have a different exit angle compared to the last ones. Not sure I'll be able to hook into the old pipe very easily. We'll see. Fingers crossed for tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom