M101A1 overlanding build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Current set up with original tires and axle is quite smooth, I did put on new shocks. Hub on the DS get a bit warm to touch but never gets hot, I did add grease and do a visual inspection but that was years ago. The longest trip so far was about 300 miles with no issues at all.

I have thought about swapping as well to a 3500lbs axle and having matching wheels and tires to the LC setup. It would set me up with a spare for the trailer and the LC. Currently no spare for the trailer.

As for the wood components I fabricated, its all 3/4 in AC grade plywood, all glued and screwed together, nothing fancy. The sleeping platform rides on the wheel wells, has some angle iron installed at the same height to support all the way around. I have it so that top that is opposite the kitchen pull out can drop in or be easily slip on top of the kitchen and held in place with a pin. so it accommodates a twin or queen blowup mattress. The kitchen drawer is not the full length of the trailer, about 2 feet shorter as I have forward storage in the trailer that is accessed from the DS front corner of trailer. Kitchen is on wheels and is a tight fit sliding in and out, I use a pin dropped into a bracket on the front of the drawer that drops into the space between the tailgate and bed to keep it stable and the leg just drops down and I put on the adjustable leg. Pretty simple but it works.

I can post more pics next time I open it up. I will be at Expo East in VA this October and the Rooftop Tent Rally at James River Park this fall as well. Also run with ONSC in NC for Logans Run in Sept.

Holy Cow, Spring is right around the corner. Overlanding trailer is still available, it has it all. Get ready for glamping in this beauty!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom