Lx570 stuck in low but thinks it’s in neutral (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Did a sensor lift and it’s only intermittently registered as being in high or low. Like it would go into high and low but half the time it wouldn’t say it was there.

Today, after sitting in low for a couple days, it thinks it’s in neutral and won’t go up or down with either the toggle or going into 4wd lo.

I have a techstream but I’m not sure how to reset the high and low values.

Restarting the car and immediately toggling the suspension button doesn’t work. Turning the ahc off and on doesn’t work.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Have you put the sensors back in the default position?

So when you hit the button, no arrows either direction happen on the screen? I would check Techstream for hidden DTCs to see if the suspension ECU is disabling the lift/lower functions. There is not a "reset the high and low values" in Techstream. Techstream will also tell you what height the sensors think you are at now. I wonder if your lift has pushed a sensor into a state where the ECU thinks it's "out of range" in a way.

I will say, that i have experienced the system acting strange directly after a sensor move as well. I want to say, i was in a similar state of being in L with truck reporting N and no movement with the button after the last time i messed with sensors. I used the AHC utility to force the truck to lift, so that when it read N, it was actually near a N height. Then i drove around for a few days and everything went back to normal for N, L and H.

Have you put the sensors back in the default position?
No. Currently riding at around a 0.5” lift all the way around.

So when you hit the button, no arrows either direction happen on the screen? I would check Techstream for hidden DTCs to see if the suspension ECU is disabling the lift/lower functions. There is not a "reset the high and low values" in Techstream. Techstream will also tell you what height the sensors think you are at now. I wonder if your lift has pushed a sensor into a state where the ECU thinks it's "out of range" in a way.

I will say, that i have experienced the system acting strange directly after a sensor move as well. I want to say, i was in a similar state of being in L with truck reporting N and no movement with the button after the last time i messed with sensors. I used the AHC utility to force the truck to lift, so that when it read N, it was actually near a N height. Then i drove around for a few days and everything went back to normal for N, L and H.
Almost always it’ll indicate that it’s trying to get into hi or low (and you’ll see the h or l).

It’ll, most of the time, just get stuck in that transitory position on the screen. It’ll indicate that it’s trying to get into hi or low.

even though it almost never REGISTERS as hi or low, the vehicle has ACTUALLY entered its hi or low status. Sometimes it’ll actually register as being in hi or low but not often.

After several months of just dealing with AHC not being happy that it’s 0.5” higher than it wants to be, today it decided even though it was in low, that it was going to register as neutral and no amount of pushing the paddle up or down would change its mind…

I turned ahc off and on (or attempted to)
I restarted the vehicle several times
I put it in low range and drove a bit.
I drove it in 4hi at speed.

Nothing fixed it until I let the car sit for 20-30 minutes…then it went back to its previous slightly messed up state.

Ideally I’d like to “re-set” the ahc values so the car recognizes its new hi, neutral, and low positions.

I got into the ahc section of the techstream at one point, but it asked me to input values of some sort and I don’t know what types of values I should input so I didn’t mess with it.

Anyone know what ahc values to input to teach the system it’s new positions?

pull the battery cables and then put the neg and positive cables together (NOT TOUCHING THE BATTERY). this will run any residual charge out of the capacitors too.
Let it sit for 30 min like that. Should reset everything to defaults, maybe that will get your sensors to register correctly.
I'm just speculating of course.

recheck the nuts on the height sensor adjustment. Maybe they aren't tight? and the bolt is slipping in the lever arm?

I'm in this exact same position. Did sensor lift on front and it went up and down a few times and is now stuck permanently in low.

Weirdly the pump has been screaming like its cavitation and it definitely seems like there is air in the system though I did nothing to introduce air.

Could I have made a globe membrane fail and put air in the system?

It's throwing codes

c1762 Abnormal oil pressure for pump

C1751 Continious current to compressor motor.

I've cleared the codes and reset the adjusters back to stock but I'm still stuck in low

Any ideas?

I'm in this exact same position. Did sensor lift on front and it went up and down a few times and is now stuck permanently in low.

Weirdly the pump has been screaming like its cavitation and it definitely seems like there is air in the system though I did nothing to introduce air.

Could I have made a globe membrane fail and put air in the system?

It's throwing codes

c1762 Abnormal oil pressure for pump

C1751 Continious current to compressor motor.

I've cleared the codes and reset the adjusters back to stock but I'm still stuck in low

Any ideas?
Sure you didn’t run the reservoir dry? A sensor lift requires more fluid. I know you said you went up and down a few times, so possibly not the issue, but maybe something changed that the shocks lifted more than the previous times. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone report the continuous current DTC.

Sure you didn’t run the reservoir dry? A sensor lift requires more fluid. I know you said you went up and down a few times, so possibly not the issue, but maybe something changed that the shocks lifted more than the previous times. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone report the continuous current DTC.
Definitely didn't run it dry.

This is lx470 by the way.

This is a 99 LX470 - does this still apply?
You probably should post in the 100 series forum. There will be people there more familiar with the lx470.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom