Lx570 2014/15/16 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Almost ready to to pull the trigger and buy a Lx. I was looking around 2014/15 as that fits my budget but I'm wondering if I should possibly finance a small portion and look at a 2016 instead ?
At present, there's 5 used Lx570's available locally and 4 of them are 2016's and 1 2018. This makes me wonder if there's an issue with the 2016 or , just coincidence.

Would you look at a 2014/15 or go for the 1st facelift 2016 ?

Prices indicated are AU$

Screenshot_20210222-154914_Samsung Internet.jpg

a list of the MY differences here:

Personally I prefer the look of the 2nd gen over the 3rd gen, but obviously that's not a mechanical thing. No particular issues come to mind with the 3rd gen. The front diff is harder to work with as some stuff was changed internally, but people have been working around it successfully for gears and lockers.

I prefer the looks of the pre 16 lx570’s... but I own a 15 so I’m biased. The worst thing about the 2016 plus LX’s are the 21 inch wheels. They look stupid and you are limited on aftermarket rubber.

In the looks department I rank them as follows, 16+LC> 08-15LX> 08-15LC>16+LX.

My mom is on her second 16+LX, so I’ve spent some time in em.

I bought the 16' because the interior is worlds better than the previous years. When you get in a 16 you feel like your in a truck that cost that much. The interior of the 14-15 are incredibly dated for the price

I bought the 16' because the interior is worlds better than the previous years. When you get in a 16 you feel like your in a truck that cost that much. The interior of the 14-15 are incredibly dated for the price
Coming from a LX470 I am incredibly happy with the interior in my 2015 lx570.

Last edited:
I think the 16+ look good, used to hate em at first but they've grown on me

I think it is 16+ that uses the Infotainment with the track pad and no touch screen. I have a '13 LX and had a loaner with the new track pad system. It is infuriating to use. Maybe one would get used to it eventually but I would go for a test drive and see if it is something you can live with. I wouldn't buy a Lexus with it.

I prefer the looks of the pre 16 lx570’s... but I own a 15 so I’m biased. The worst thing about the 2016 plus LX’s are the 21 inch wheels. They look stupid and you are limited on aftermarket rubber.

In the looks department I rank them as follows, 16+LC> 08-15LX> 08-15LC>16+LX.

My mom is on her second 16+LX, so I’ve spent some time in em.
The 16's here have 20 inch wheels and I think the 18+ came with 21's.
Either way, I want to go with wider tyres which means changing wheels anyway

Agree 100%
This is my main interest in the 16 over the 14/15. That and the 8 speed over the 6 speed

I have owned many LCs and LXs and I drove many different 200 LC/LX and I just couldn’t get myself to spend 50K on a truck that didn’t feel that nice. I’ve had my 16’ LX for 2 years and I still feel like a ****ing boss getting in it. It’s nice for road trips, and I can drive clients around and it impresses. Plus I off-road the hell out of it. Pinstripes down the sides.... oh well

Even tho 2016+ LX have slightly less approach angle due to the front bumper, i love the design! It looks the part. Menacing Yet elegant. The interior is beautiful and for most part very luxurious, even with the (infuriating) mouse. The REAR end of the 2016+ LX is just beautiful…makes me kinda jealous everytime i see them from behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom