LX570 '08 - '15 Back Up Bulb Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Search didn't bring up anything relevant/recent...I'm looking for guidance on what reverse lamp bulb provides the best back up visibility? I installed some LEDs (Flashwolves, pic attached) but 1) yes, way whiter, and seemingly brighter, but rear view visibility was weirdly way less than OEM and 2) one has started to "strobe" when on

So, can anyone help? Don't care about bulb color (although I do like the LED "look") just the best night time back up visibility

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 8.12.18 AM.png

Many thanks, and appreciate the video @mcgaskins . The LX reverse lens is arrayed vertically (on eaither side of the rear license plate area) vs the LCs horizontal, so while "different" not sure if that translates to the lens "cut" and how (or if) LEDs replacements "work" better in one over the other.

I did notice that when viewing the truck in reverse, yes, LEDs are way brighter/whiter....but the view from the side view mirror, when backing up, just didn't seem to illuminate/throw as much light as the incandescent (if that makes any sense).

In that the bulb MTNLIVIN suggests does emphasize the led "filament" is positioned the same as the incandescent, I might try that one. how MTNLIVIN long have yours been in service?

My other option (and prob the best) is to cut a pair of Black Oak quad lamps into the bumper...just don't want to go through that hassle just yet!

Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 9.13.49 AM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom