LX470 actual ride height measurements (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, we have a 1998 LX470 which appears to sit higher at the back than it should.

I've checked the rear ride height sensor and it appears to be working ok (if you adjust it the height does change)

What I'm wanting to know is does anyone have, or could measure, the actual measurements of their LX in L N and H?

Ideally the distance from the centre of the wheel (ie hub) to the bottom of the guard (fender as most of you call it :) )

Have a look here: https://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series-cruisers/485138-ahc-diagnostics-help.html#post6651864 and a few other posts on the issue.
Here is t0yotas standard method:
height measurement.jpg

Sam- what he is saying is that Toy has a specific procedure for measuring height. Also the diff from rear to front is the rear + 1/2" higher than front from factory.

You can also get a faster, tho less accurate reading. If you check your tire pressure often enough like you are supposed to, the accuracy is greatly increased. Measure from the top of your rim to the fender well. Do it consistently the same way and often enough to gain an idea of your cars ability to hold the front end properly.

Use your sensors to adjust out the leans or rakes. I keep a lil rake in my car, tho not much.

...Use your sensors to adjust out the leans or rakes....
Just to clarify: Adjust sensors to control rake, adjust TBs to control sideways lean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom