lx470 2004 price help (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

I currently own an '08 200 series daily driver and I'm looking for a reliable 100 series project vehicle ideally with a solid base of modifications (sliders, lift, tires/wheels, front bumper). I'm looking into purchasing a local 2004 LX470 with moderate modifications, however I am concerned about the pricing and several mechanical issues.

The vehicle has a clean carfax and was listed on this forum in good shape as an overland build in 2019 for around $22k with 65k miles on the odometer. Since it was sold then, its has been driven to 118k miles (supposedly majority road miles with minor off-road use on fire roads, etc). The owner is now asking for $18,900, however it is now in need of a new timing belt and water pump, the AC is non-functional (supposedly simply needs recharge), the windshield is cracked, the ball-joints and other suspension components need replacement, the exhaust has been rusted through and rattles (owner claims it needs to be replaced), and the tire tread is around 50% of original. The carfax has been regularly updated, however whereas the car received full service from 2004-2019, the current owner has primarily only done routine service/oil changes on the engine only.

Aftermarket Modifications:
-ARB Medium Load 2.5in/1.5 rear suspension
-Upper Control Arms
-Nitto Trailgrapplers 285/75/16
-SRS F5 16'' rims
-ARB Bull Bar
-Slee sliders
-Xenon headlights
-Interior reupholstered

Original Seller Listing (2019)

Given the fact that the car's mileage has been nearly doubled in the past 2 years, does a 3k depreciation from its previous sale price sound reasonable? I'm concerned that the current price may be unreasonable given the maintenance that is required. The car drove well and the engine ran solid, however the owner reported issues with shudder at certain speeds and I'm concerned that more maintenance issues may emerge. Does this price sound reasonable/are there major issues I should be mindful of with a vehicle that's been driven 50k miles in under 2 years?

tempImagezbOUNX.jpg

18,900 sounds really high to me then add in the exhaust and other work needed, id be thinking quite a bit less , for that price at least in this area it would need To have the work caught up on it and be in really clean condition

Hey guys,

I currently own an '08 200 series daily driver and I'm looking for a reliable 100 series project vehicle ideally with a solid base of modifications (sliders, lift, tires/wheels, front bumper). I'm looking into purchasing a local 2004 LX470 with moderate modifications, however I am concerned about the pricing and several mechanical issues.

The vehicle has a clean carfax and was listed on this forum in good shape as an overland build in 2019 for around $22k with 65k miles on the odometer. Since it was sold then, its has been driven to 118k miles (supposedly majority road miles with minor off-road use on fire roads, etc). The owner is now asking for $18,900, however it is now in need of a new timing belt and water pump, the AC is non-functional (supposedly simply needs recharge), the windshield is cracked, the ball-joints and other suspension components need replacement, the exhaust has been rusted through and rattles (owner claims it needs to be replaced), and the tire tread is around 50% of original. The carfax has been regularly updated, however whereas the car received full service from 2004-2019, the current owner has primarily only done routine service/oil changes on the engine only.

Aftermarket Modifications:
-ARB Medium Load 2.5in/1.5 rear suspension
-Upper Control Arms
-Nitto Trailgrapplers 285/75/16
-SRS F5 16'' rims
-ARB Bull Bar
-Slee sliders
-Xenon headlights
-Interior reupholstered

Original Seller Listing (2019)

Given the fact that the car's mileage has been nearly doubled in the past 2 years, does a 3k depreciation from its previous sale price sound reasonable? I'm concerned that the current price may be unreasonable given the maintenance that is required. The car drove well and the engine ran solid, however the owner reported issues with shudder at certain speeds and I'm concerned that more maintenance issues may emerge. Does this price sound reasonable/are there major issues I should be mindful of with a vehicle that's been driven 50k miles in under 2 years?

View attachment 2667137
The way things have been going lately with 100 prices Im surprised it didn't go up.

Reactions: jLB
That vehicle has gone up in value 10-15% since 2019.

what he paid and what you are paying are unrelated....that said that sounds steep in today’s market given the work needed

Check out the modified 100's that have sold on BAT lately and you'll see that $18,900 is a really good price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom