Low tire pressure warning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Headed to the NC OBX this weekend and will driving on the beach below 20psi. Is there a way to turn off the warning of low tire pressure? Will low pressure kick out my AHC from high back to normal?

If you're going to run like that for a while you can just reset the pressure. There's a little button under the dash on the driver's side to the right of the hood release. Deflate your rites, then when you start the truck just hold it for 3 or 4 seconds, IIRC and it will re-learn with the current pressure (20 psi) considered "normal" and the light will go off under you drop by something like 25%.

When you hit pavement and re-inflate, just remember to do the same thing when you're back at the right tire pressure. Otherwise if you normally run 40 psi and have a slow leak the light won't come on until your tire hits 15psi.

Headed to the NC OBX this weekend and will driving on the beach below 20psi. Is there a way to turn off the warning of low tire pressure? Will low pressure kick out my AHC from high back to normal?

The low pressure warning will not cause any issues with AHC. There are only a couple of serious codes that will cause AHC to lower or go into limp mode.

You can do what Linuxgod suggests. I always forget to reset though so I don’t bother. The orange lights don’t bother me anymore 😂

The low pressure warning will not cause any issues with AHC. There are only a couple of serious codes that will cause AHC to lower or go into limp mode.

You can do what Linuxgod suggests. I always forget to reset though so I don’t bother. The orange lights don’t bother me anymore 😂
Thank you guys. Waiting on the wife to get home to find this button.

Thank you guys. Waiting on the wife to get home to find this button.

Here's some help that will make your wife think you're a genius:

TPMS2_Reset_18JAN18_zps8pwuusr9.jpg

LC200TPSet_12JUN15_zps8dat5gtx.jpg

LC200TPMSSet_11JUN15_zpsmu6wnn4g.jpg

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom