SOLD Los Angeles: 3BII Engine/Conversion Parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In the next month or two I will be pulling my 3BII from a 1989 LHD BJ-70LV-KR for a 1HD-T conversion. I have been daily driving and taking extended expedition trips with this motor for the last 3 or so years without issues. It runs smoothly, gets ~25mpg, makes good power, does not burn oil, does not smoke, and starts easily. The engine has a complete rebuild under it's belt by the po, which I can provide documentation of upon request. From the receipts the rebuild appeared to be quite comprehensive.

Work/Parts replaced on the engine during my ownership, OEM always used unless otherwise noted -

• Water pump
  • Glow plugs
  • Aftermarket Alternator
  • Aftermarket Belts
  • Injection Nozzles (rebuild and calibration)
  • Intake cleaning and reseal
  • Valve adjustments once per year + gasket replacement
  • Entire cooling system replaced (This is the first thing I do to every car as soon as I buy it for peace of mind - radiator re-core, hoses, thermostat housing, temp sensor, 82c thermostat, gaskets)
  • Compression test once per year
  • Oil pressure sensor
  • By the book maintenance intervals
  • Rear main seal
  • Clutch
  • Flywheel resurfacing
The reason I am posting now is because it will be local pickup only and anyone who is interested is welcome to come inspect the engine, test drive it, compression test it, leak down test it, take an oil sample etc before committing to the buy and while the engine is still in the truck. Additionally, since I will be pulling a lot of other parts for the conversion they will be for sale as well, this should provide a fairly comprehensive kit for a diesel conversion or B series upgrade. Note that this motor comes with AC but not power steering. The ac works.

For --- you can get -
  • complete motor w/ac
  • radiator + new aftermarket hoses I have saved as spares + shroud
  • air cleaner top and crossover
  • h55f -> 3B bell housing
  • h55f/h41/h42 -> 3B input shaft
  • bearing retainer
  • 4 aftermarket glow plugs + 2 new OEM glow plugs
  • 88c thermostat
  • 2X valve cover gaskets
  • oil cooler gasket
  • intake manifold gasket
  • possibly the engine mount brackets if they can be removed cleanly enough (don't count on this)
  • aftermarket motor mounts (current ones need to be replaced)
I'm sure there is more but I'm not going to make a complete inventory right now, we can discuss privately.

For --- you can get the motor only

If you come and experience the motor first hand and want to commit to the buy before I pull it I will ask for a $500 deposit. I don't want to deal with people getting cold feet or changing their minds after the fact. If, for god knows why, I have to back out of the sale I will surely refund your deposit. I'm limited on space and don't want a giant motor and a bunch of extra parts sitting around while I'm working on my conversion. We can also package everything in the 1HD-T crate for easy transportation.

Feel free to pm me with any questions

IMG_3976.JPG

IMG_3975.JPG

IMG_3974.JPG

IMG_3973.JPG

IMG_3972.JPG

Last edited:
Video of starting, running, blow by test, and shutdown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom