Looking into a rear bar for my LX570 - Anything I should do to the rear suspension? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

Looking to finally put a rear bar on my LX570 leading into the Dissent Offroad rear bumper OR this sexy rear bar - Low Profile Bumper | E&E Off-Road - https://www.ee-offroading.com/product-page/low-profile-bumper

Anyways my LX has 187k miles on it now, I was planning to do rear coils with new OEM ones (Unless anyone has experience with AHC TT rear coils and some new Polytuff coil isolaters (spacers) to put neutralize AHC pressures. Along with a small crank in the AHC height again.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? I would assume the coils would be tired by now. I currently have ARB drawers and a fridge in the rear. 3rd seats are out so I assume I am probably 50-75lbs over stock weight and a bar would be around 100lbs

I’m running stock coils FWIW. Zero issues or concerns with AHC function. I will add heavier coils at some point.

IMG_1099.jpeg

Not a Dissent, and I just finished my ARB rear bumper last week... well, 98% finished. The 2013 rear quarter panel reflectors are not exact fits for the bumper swing arm covers, which i knew going into this, but I am happy with the ARB bumper. I also need to drill holes for the Buck up sensors. (I am ordering the Spare Tire Carrier and Gas Can holder soon) my only gripe about ARB is their silly cage nuts... they use them on everything...
1683150745440.png

Not a Dissent, and I just finished my ARB rear bumper last week... well, 98% finished. The 2013 rear quarter panel reflectors are not exact fits for the bumper swing arm covers, which i knew going into this, but I am happy with the ARB bumper. I also need to drill holes for the Buck up sensors. (I am ordering the Spare Tire Carrier and Gas Can holder soon) my only gripe about ARB is their silly cage nuts... they use them on everything...View attachment 3313974
How did you work around AHC?

How did you work around AHC?
oddly enough, I did not have to touch the AHC. The ARB bumper does not get in the way or require you to move the AHC resi etc. I did have to remove the spare tire, spare tire cranker thingy, metal tire holders, and cut out some metal bars welded to the rear frame, and for giggles removed the resonator... but that was no biggie.

I ran an ARB with the tire swing out with stock AHC and never had any issues. Later on for piece of mind I added 30mm poly spacers to the rear springs as we run pretty heavy and figured it could not hurt to relieve some pressure. It seemed to lift a bit faster after that to high and normal ride is the same as before.

I ran an ARB with the tire swing out with stock AHC and never had any issues. Later on for piece of mind I added 30mm poly spacers to the rear springs as we run pretty heavy and figured it could not hurt to relieve some pressure. It seemed to lift a bit faster after that to high and normal ride is the same as before.
I think i used your install pictures to help me with my install. : ) LOL

And to answer the question for chriscosta416 - The AHC on my 570 has not had any issues with the weight of a front bumper, rear bumper, skids, sliders and a roof rack. I do notice that when going from HIGH down to LOW, the vehicle does drop faster into those modes due to the weight. But the AHC would do the same thing if the Eagle's defensive line were all sitting in the 570.

The ARB bumpers don’t have the same style wing supports. It’s just a thin bracket that holds the wing and clears the pump.
Yeah, I wasn't happy about those wing brackets when I was installing, I felt like I was being hoodwinked by ARB. LOL
Plus they are wonky when you are trying to install them and level them and line them up with back bumper. (actually used a level)
But supposedly they are replaceable if the wings get damaged??? But I am happy with the bumper... so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom