Looking for Chicago Mechanic 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I posted this thread in the 100 series forum and appears my mechanic may not know what he’s doing. Can anyone recommend a good mechanic to work on my LX 470? Much appreciated!

That mechanic saw you coming a million miles away. He is not your friend.

There is no special knowledge needed to work on an lx470. Take it to Midas, if you want, but by the look/sound of it, you don't need a single thing done to it. Maybe timing belt/water pump if it has never been done....

That mechanic saw you coming a million miles away. He is not your friend.

There is no special knowledge needed to work on an lx470. Take it to Midas, if you want, but by the look/sound of it, you don't need a single thing done to it. Maybe timing belt/water pump if it has never been done....
We've been going there for a couple years now. Why would he now say we need a bunch of stuff done? Can you recommend a mechanic to do the belt/water pump in Chicago? Thanks for your comment.

I always assumed bringing a vehicle in to a mechanic to have them give it a good look over was invitation for them to write up evreything on it. Assumption confirmed!!

We've been going there for a couple years now. Why would he now say we need a bunch of stuff done? Can you recommend a mechanic to do the belt/water pump in Chicago? Thanks for your comment.

Seriously, Midas. The ones near me have been fair. They seem less likely to screw you than a guy in a garage who is really just pricing you.

Why has your guy started to screw you? I dunno, maybe he wants a boat.

I’m surprised he didn’t quote you for the muffler bearings.

OMG, he's robbing you!!!!
If you're mechanically challenged, take it to Midas like 4rnr said above.
Most of the stuff are really easy and I'm sure you can do half of them.
New oil pan because the plug thread is stripped? Just re-tap and get a new plug 1 size bigger.

I posted this thread in the 100 series forum and appears my mechanic may not know what he’s doing. Can anyone recommend a good mechanic to work on my LX 470? Much appreciated!
If you have been going to this guy all along, he has done all of your oil changes, and you need a new oil pan because the plug mysteriously got stripped, I get the feeling this guy has been robbing you for YEARS. The price just finally got outrageous enough for you to question.

Take it somewhere else asap.

Why not just bring the truck to your Lexus dealer? I personally wouldn't put much aftermarket parts on it anyways.

Any Toyota dealer can work on it too. Same motor they stuck in the v8 4runners and tundras. And dealerships usually run specials and mail/email coupons for oil changes and maintenance possibly cheaper than an independent shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom