Looking for a 1FZ-Fe (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've decided to start doing some R&D on a few different mods for the 1FZ-FE. Since I rebuilt mine 18 months ago, it's not exactly a candidate for what I want to do.

What I'd like to find is something that is still rebuilable, out of the vehicle and was running when pulled. Hopefully that's not too tall of an order.

Thanks Kevin. Add a 0 to the mileage and we might be talking!
Trying to do this on the cheap since I'll be dropping some $ with the machine shop.

You building me an engine Kerry? :bounce: :bounce2:

I've decided to start doing some R&D on a few different mods for the 1FZ-FE. Since I rebuilt mine 18 months ago, it's not exactly a candidate for what I want to do.

What I'd like to find is something that is still rebuilable, out of the vehicle and was running when pulled. Hopefully that's not too tall of an order.

What is your current engine built like and what are you looking to do different on the new build?

What is your current engine built like and what are you looking to do different on the new build?

When I rebuilt my current engine, most of the mods were centered on the head and getting it to flow better. Extensive porting and polishing was done on both the intake and the exhaust which helped a lot.

The block was kept more or less intact. It was bored out and decked and the recipricating assembly balanced.

Lately I've been experimenting with some ignition mods which have paid off in slightly higher HP numbers on the dyno as well as with the MPG. I'm still testing this and need to get back to the dyno to see what increases the latest round of mods will provide.

My initial goal was to get induction HP numbers from a non-induction engine. Now I want to focus more attention on the bottom end and see what can be done there, as well as revisit the head and see what other tweaks can be made.

Last edited:
Cool ~ I would be interested to read about your testing and findings if you wouldnt mind sharing.

The only 4.5 engine Ive heard about is the same one posted earlier in this thread but I will keep my eye open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom