Looking for 4.11 Thirds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

arnott1t

SILVER Star
Threads
Have a good friend who is looking for a 4.11 third. Any body have a spare for sale. 4 wheel does but its pretty pricey for a used unit.

If nobody local posts up, you could search in the parting out section (classifieds) for 62s being parted (not likely many in Canada) or the diesel and JDM section, post up in the parts wanted section. Maybe check if there is anything with the Vancouver guys (Rigpig trips between Van and Ft McM IIRC). If you aren't having any luck with private stuff, try checking with G&S and Radd Cruisers, I'm pretty sure G&S breaks down JDM cruisers for the drivetrains.... Shipping shouldn't be difficult, as they'll fit in a 5 gal pail.

Good luck!

I am also looking for 4.11 thirds for my 60 and have had a bit of a hard time finding them. Found them at Cruiserparts.net for $200 including shipping, but I have read mixed reviews about them:hmm:... anyone care to comment?

Never dealt with them personally, but I've heard they can be pretty flakey with service. Some swear by them, some swear they'll never get their business again. Sounds like part of the issue is whether you deal with the owner, or the kid who works by the phone.

I know that Dan at 4wheel will take parts for trade, I traded him my 3-sp tranny for a 3rd, was a while ago tho. :hmm:

if they are going to be that herd to find, i know a guy in vancouver who had some. i'll give him a call to see if they are still available. he wanted $150 last time i spoke with him, if he still has them i'll put you in touch with each other.
i don't want to give out any phone #'s on line sorry.
i'll call him today.
eric

if they are going to be that herd to find, i know a guy in vancouver who had some. i'll give him a call to see if they are still available. he wanted $150 last time i spoke with him, if he still has them i'll put you in touch with each other.
i don't want to give out any phone #'s on line sorry.
i'll call him today.
eric

I'm hopefully headed to Vancouver in a couple weeks to pick up some stuff myself, and could bring a diff back to Edmonton.

so i got ahold of the guy in vancouver. he still has a hand full of 4.11 thirds.
apparently they will have different splines depending on year. i'm not sure what year was the change over.
i think most of his 4.11 thirds are late 70's early 80's. they $150 the later thirds are more expensive. didn't ask how much.
he also has a adaptor flange($40) so an course spline third can be used with fine spline axles.
i can verify non of this, i am only repeating what he told me.
i bought some stuff off him a year and a half ago.
he seemed like a nice honest guy.
he also is parting out an 80. if it is the same one that was there a year ago, it had a lift kit.
hope this might help some of you guys out.
i don't mind helping to organize something,
eric

might be good to think of anything else you need off a stock cruiser, he had tons of stuff. he said he took some stuff to the dump... he might have some 70series stuff as he was into 70 when i met him.

it's all about the spare parts

Last edited:
Bump, I'm headed west on Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom