Looking for 04-05 LX470 test rig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramangain

Clarksonian disciple
Threads
A buddy of mine just got screwed by Tanin in getting a refurbished cluster from them. Almost $1200 and they didn't reprogram the correct mileage. High probability his pending sale of his rig will fall through because Tanin QC is garbage. Totally unacceptable.

My buddy is willing to send me his busted cluster (tach stepper motor stopped working, common problem) for testing, figure out how to fix the issue, and post the results in the 100 series tech forum. It is ridiculous what Tanin charges to fix the issue.

I just need an 04-05 LX test rig in the Dayton area. Chances are very high folks in the 100 series tech form will fund/help with the extension cables needed to work on a cluster outside of the rig. The test rig will have its cluster lovingly removed (done it a ton of times myself) and set aside so the extension cables can be plugged in. The rig will be started and stopped multiple times to get tach movement. Our working theory is that discrete electrical components on the cluster board die (perhaps caps) since folks have tried direct stepper motor replacement and the problem persists. I have a DMM but could use a basic oscope to borrow. My career revolves around lasers (research, design, develop) so I'm familiar with electronics. Others are highly encouraged to help in any way.

I know this sounds like a long shot, but community help is what keeps our rigs on the road to solve common issues. I've benefitted for sure.

I won't be pursuing this any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom