Looking at a 94 with a stripped drive flange. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have found another 80 I want. Same color as mine right now but with cloth instead of leather. Its had a rough life and the frt driveshaft is doing the spinning inside itself thing. I have read its the stripped flange....so how do I fix it? and with 190K miles and a few issues what do you think its worth. He is asking 2400 but already told me he would go to 2k. I am figuring 1500 is a good number with the issues it has...needs a fender and the rt side frame has a pucker in it from an accident so the gaps are wrong on the frt end.

If it is what it sounds like, the part of the driveshaft that moves in/out over itself that is stripped, seems like a replacement front driveshaft would be what you need. Probably find one fairly easily from a part our rig.

Are you going to be making one good truck out of this new one and your current one? Probably worth 1500 just for parts alone. Lockers?

NO lockers and I have a spare frt shaft sitting in my garage so thats easy enough. It has a few things I need for my 80 that I would steal and then probably turn into a parts rig/trail rig. Motor is good no leaks or anything so thats a plus.

not that everything is equal, but if I could find one in the same color to take some body pieces off (if they were in good condition, no rust, etc) and a few other parts as spares, $1500 would be a pretty quick decision of yes for me. I would be selling other stuff off of it to hope to break even though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom