Looking at a 2019 Sequoia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It's a 4WD Platinum. I currently have a 2012 SR-5 4WD with the smaller 4.6 L V-8. Anything I should be aware of when I go to see it?

Let's see, when I bought my 14' a couple of years ago I went through a list of things to check. Obviously check out the rust situation underneath. Check your cam towers for oil leaks as well as the valve covers. Make sure the rear hatch window operates and works smoothly. Make sure the rear wiper works, all the vents and HVAC system and the cruise control. Make sure the 4Hi, 4Lo and Center Diff lock operate when you shift into them. Check the shocks and struts for leaks. Check the brake pads, tire wear. Make sure the stereo works, DVD player and hopefully it has headphones and a remote. It's a nice bonus if it has full/up to date service/maintenance records through a Toyota dealer. I feel like I am rambling now. :p

Brought it home yesterday

full

Does the adaptive cruise control come to a complete stop?
My 18 tundra will shut off if below 40. Then the emergency stop kicks in and activated the abs. Never gave it a testing beyond that.... I found out when in slow and go traffic and had the cruise on, then all the sudden I wasn't slowing down anymore and the emergency kicked in

Does the adaptive cruise control come to a complete stop?
I've been too busy to play with it yet except for setting it on a local 4-land for a few miles. It slowed down as I approached a car but I cancelled it before I got very close. I'm hoping to read up on all the features over the holidays and try them out.

One thing that DID happen twice since I got it was that a beeping alarm went off and the message in the center screen read BRAKE! It happened when there was nothing in front of me and I was doing around 30-40 mph and stopped after 5 or 6 beeps. It kinda freaked me out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom