Lockers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lx450landcruiser

Threads
alright i know this has been gone over and over again but few a questions. If i were able to obtain complete axles with the factory lockers, would it be better to just swap them in under the cruiser and hook up switches+all other stuff? or would it be better to take the actual lockers out and replace my non factory axles with the lockers?
How much work do you think swapping the whole axles would be? If I'm going to put a lift in it soon anyways would this be a good time to do it? How hard is it to plug the lights in on the dash? any help is greatly appreciated.
thanks mike

Not that I have done this, but to my knowledge it would be easier to just swap the whole axles than it would be to swap the lockers. Non OEM locker axle housings need to have a certain amount of material ground off in order to adapt OEM lockers to them, along with various other little obstacles.

It's a little more than just putting lights in the dash too. Make sure you get all of the necessary electrical components from the donor vehicle as well. Search the achives for more info........

[quote author=lx450landcruiser link=board=2;threadid=5664;start=msg44833#msg44833 date=1064514559]
alright i know this has been gone over and over again but few a questions. If i were able to obtain complete axles with the factory lockers, would it be better to just swap them in under the cruiser and hook up switches+all other stuff? or would it be better to take the actual lockers out and replace my non factory axles with the lockers?
How much work do you think swapping the whole axles would be? If I'm going to put a lift in it soon anyways would this be a good time to do it? How hard is it to plug the lights in on the dash? any help is greatly appreciated.
thanks mike
[/quote]

This was discussed some time ago. The third members does not swap over without mods. There is also missing harnesses and ecu. You can simmulate the ECU with relays. Do a Google search on Toyota E-locker swaps and you will get a bunch of info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom