Lockable storage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 74 very stock, I would like to get something to put between the seats and maybe on the floor in the back. Secure lockable storage. What are some of the best available?? It should be waterproof, as I am thinking of removing the hardtop.:cheers:

Tuffy consoles for between the seat are pretty common. I have an old ammo can (large one for mortor rounds) bolted to the floor in the back with a lock hasp from Lowe's and a pad lock, I keep the top off all summer and have never had issues with water getting in.

Hi All:

I bought a large plastic storage box at Lowe's last Summer for like $25. It fits easily behind the front seat and locks with 2 padlocks. I bolted mine to thelower section of the floor boards behind the front seats.

Regards,

Alan
Seattle

heres another option that i like but its about $100.00 depending on size. i bolted it to the floor. and its fairly heavy steel.

www.knaackbox.com
a.JPG

If you can find one one Confer used to make a nice rear seat with lockable storage under the seat and another lockable box behind. I loved mine but wanted the extra space when I camp. Since it is usually just me and the wife the rear seat was wasted space.

Has anyone used a Tuffy under seat rear drawer that they make for TJs? I am using a TJ rear seat in my FJ40 and one of these tuffy drawers would fit nice. It isn't quite wide enough because of the TJ lack of width compared to the FJ40. I hate putting Jeep parts on the FJ but the rear seat is a good option. I have one of the old confer rear seats and storage under the seat that I am most likley not going to use depending on how the TJ rear seat works.

Con-ferr used to make these lockable boxes (and I wish they still did :frown: ).

They're great either across the width of the tub (front or rear), or length-wise on the floor along inside wheel wells.
ROTW8.jpg
conferr box.gif

Hi All:

"LandCruiserSteve," that Con-Fer box is close to what I had been looking for so long! It is obviously designed to go behind the front seats on a 40 Series.

But, I wanted more capacity; the plastic box I bought at Lowe's is not as wide, but is taller and wider.

Regards,

Alan
Seattle

Thanks JMaddox, I ordered one from CCOT. I might also get one of thise Knaack boxes after I pay for the console...

Thanks for the tip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom