local TLCA chapter woes... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
question(s)... are there ways to support TLCA, attend TLCA events, and/or support local trails even though i am NOT a member of any local chapters?
FYI: my work makes it extremely difficult to attend the meetings and/or events for the club.
i have attended (3) chapter meetings this year, but to this point cannot see myself joining. seems like a great idea, i just dont feel i could benefit any "club" at this time.
but, back to my question(s)...are there ways to support TLCA, attend the events, etc, etc...? -TLCA # 13624, Sean

I'm not totally sure I understand the question...? If you're a tlca member, you can already attend any tlca event. You don't have to be a chapter member to do that. Other ways to support tlca? Print out the tlca application form from tlca.org, and make your won little cover letter. Kepp several in the rig, and slap 'em on land cruisers or 'yota trucks yoiu see around the neighborhood. Give them one of your old issues of TT if you can stand to part with it. If you are a chapter member, your delegate should get a box of TT's every issue already to distribute to chapter members as promotional giveaways. I give mine to my local toytoa parts and service counters, and napa/oreilly/autozone, and tell them to give them to anyone buying tlc/truck parts who wants one. Does this help?

thought i had to be a member of a local chapter to attend events, etc......guess i need to read my info better. thank you

Nope. all you have to be is just aregular tlca member. If you're not one now, they'd be glad to take your $20 on site at the event:) Any other q's?

Hi Sean...

As Alan notes, being a TLCA Member entitles you attend TLCA Sanctioned events! You're golden!!

And being as you are a TLCA, you are supporting TLCA (with your membership) and you can continue by renewing. Also, you can renew for multi years even though its not real evident. but we're changing that too.

And when you attend an event, you're supporting the local Chapter hosting the event and TLCA itself. Again, registration fees... and participation!

thanks Sean... appreciate your patronage!

[quote author=hullendersauce link=board=10;threadid=7009;start=msg57893#msg57893 date=1067734104]
question(s)... are there ways to support TLCA, attend TLCA events, and/or support local trails even though i am NOT a member of any local chapters?
FYI: my work makes it extremely difficult to attend the meetings and/or events for the club.
i have attended (3) chapter meetings this year, but to this point cannot see myself joining. seems like a great idea, i just dont feel i could benefit any "club" at this time.
but, back to my question(s)...are there ways to support TLCA, attend the events, etc, etc...? -TLCA # 13624, Sean
[/quote]

Hullendersauce,

You should join my one club. They like never have meetings, so there's not much to attend. ::) Seriously wish they would be a tad more active. Otherwise the club may as well just fold and end up just being another email list. :'( I'd miss it though. There's some great clubs around, just not enough though. :-\