Local Kinedyne L-Track Supplier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dissent

Questioning my life choices...
Threads
I needed some more L-Track (Logistic Track L-Series) for the cargo area of the 80 and came across an outfit that stocks it in Phoenix.

Their name is DLD Truck Straps, 3068 N 30th Avenue, Phoenix, Arizona 85017, (602) 278-2878.

I bought a couple of 100" lengths of the Kinedyne FE752-01-PD4, which is medium duty angled L-Track in anodized aluminum, for about $50 each. They carry this style and the flush mount recessed style, P/N FE751-01-PD4. Not sure if they can order any other surface mount type. This product takes a normal flat head bolt and sits nice and flush allowing the fittings to slide smoothly.

Here's the Kinedyne web site for reference: Logistic Track

Thanks for heads up on this. Do you have pics of installed and what you are using it to secure? Always interested in seeing how other folks are tying their stuff down.

You're welcome. I'll have some pics after this weekend. I have plywood down now bolted to 3rd row with 12" chunks of l-track from Home Depot. My woofer between the seat and fridge is hitting the fridge which needs to move back about 2".

The solution is to ditch all the plywood as it's making the floor too tall for the Ridgid boxes to align with the seats for a sleeping platform. I'm running 3x lengths of 44" l-track; 1x along each wheel well, tailgate to seat, and 1x about 20"-ish from the right fender near the middle. This one is offset to accommodate the Ridgid boxes on one side and the fridge and woofer on the other side. Then I'll run 1x (56"-ish length) across behind the 2nd row. I may throw the 2x 12" remainders in the outside rear corners along the walls. I'll put the OEM mat back down with slits cut for the l-track runs. Should turn out pretty nifty. I hate that ridges/valleys in the floor sheetmetal don't run the full length, I wanted to recess it a bit but with the mat on top, should work out great.

So, the fridge, the woofer, and a myriad of 2x tall stacks of Ridgid medium tool boxes are going to be strapped down. I can fit 2.5 stacks of Ridgid boxes from the 2nd row to the tailgate and 2x in place of each 2nd row folded up for a total of 9x boxes if I wanted to. Depending on who goes camping with me, I move these all over and can even fit 6-8x on the roof without any issue. I can't do a full stack along the back window, it hits the latch handle. On the 2nd row, l-track will run behind the seat lengthwise and I have climbing rings attached to the 2nd row hinge points so everything is VERY secure.

Anyway, I'll post pics in a few days!

Ran into some issues with the L-Track install. Too many inaccessible areas underneath for nuts (cross box channel front/rear, spring seats, etc.). I bought a chunk of 3/4" pre-finished pine plywood, will cut to fit over the carpet and affix the L-Track to it using T-Nuts around the perimeter and a length up the middle. I considered the flush mount track but that only leaves 1/4" to hold it down. I'll stick with the surface mount angled style, that gives me full 3/4" mounting surface. Hopefully have it done this week.

Decided to ditch the plywood and go with sheetmetal screws. Worked out perfectly. Next step is to locate all screws I can see poking through and replace them with bolts/nuts.

upload_2018-7-23_12-8-50.png

upload_2018-7-23_12-9-8.png

upload_2018-7-23_12-9-25.png

upload_2018-7-23_12-9-47.png

upload_2018-7-23_12-10-7.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom