Local For Sale/Wanted Section! (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Most of those centeral American cruisers are hammered pretty hard.
Between the shoddy repairs and hard life they've seen and general market parts..i.e..3 speeds with drum brakes in the late 70s...I'm not impressed by them.

Yes please. Really all I need are the hubs, and caps/drive flange portion.
Will you be coming to the meeting at Shady Maple?

Let me do some digging and see what I can come up with. Like I mentioned I sold some of the components a couple years ago but I can’t remember what I still have sitting out there...

When’s the next Shady Maple meeting? It’s tough these days - I finally have a mostly working LC again but now I have a 5 month old. Wish you guys were closer - would be awesome to put some faces to Mud Handles.

Blair how far is that diesel 40 from you?

I’ve a buddy who just moved to VT who is looking for a 40 or 43 to bomb around the gravel roads. Might be a good candidate for him as he’s not looking for a trailer queen.

Blair how far is that diesel 40 from you?

I’ve a buddy who just moved to VT who is looking for a 40 or 43 to bomb around the gravel roads. Might be a good candidate for him as he’s not looking for a trailer queen.

I’m pretty sure it’s less than 5 minutes from the shop. I’m pretty sure multiple people I know have told me about it.

That's asking quite a bit of $$$ for a cruiser that is probably pretty ragged out and rusty, with no heater, PS and sporting 70 series marker lights.

Unfortunately, I can see people wanting to get their costs of shipping it here out of it as well. Suddenly a $5K vehicle has another $5K in fees on top of it.

IF anybody is interested in my parts I have for sale, let me know. I'm new to South Central PA btw.

For Sale - [PA, USA] 80 Series Parts - Interior

I have some grey overhead consoles for sale too.

I can bring them to the meet on the 19th.

Local to me, $6k
IMG_1547.JPG
IMG_1545.JPG
IMG_1543.JPG
IMG_1544.JPG
IMG_1549.JPG

Looking for two old wheel hubs, known as "outter front spindle assembly" from a pre '76 drum brake front axle.

Basically parts 14 through 17 in this image:

@shmukster maybe you have some in a scrap pile?View attachment 1868697

Yes please. Really all I need are the hubs, and caps/drive flange portion.
Will you be coming to the meeting at Shady Maple?

Hey @Pacer I may have struck out - I still have the hubs but looking again at that photos I don’t recognize the cups/drive flange parts. Is that from a rear axle??

This is what I’ve got - if you can see through the grunge - they came off my 75’s front axles when I moved to large pattern knuckles and disc brakes.

97085838-754B-4C35-9A20-FC95552A9180.jpeg

I still also have the steering knuckles coarse spline Warn Locking hubs, and small pattern steering arms - but I believe I sold off the spindle assemblies and birfields a while back.

C7F330E8-C133-4ABE-98EC-EBA9EFBD4C02.jpeg

Hey @Pacer I may have struck out - I still have the hubs but looking again at that photos I don’t recognize the cups/drive flange parts. Is that from a rear axle??

This is what I’ve got - if you can see through the grunge - they came off my 75’s front axles when I moved to large pattern knuckles and disc brakes.

View attachment 1876225

I still also have the steering knuckles coarse spline Warn Locking hubs, and small pattern steering arms - but I believe I sold off the spindle assemblies and birfields a while back.

View attachment 1876226
Sweet, that's what I need, right there.
The course spline hubs will work as the "hub caps".
What would you need for this pile of stuff?

Sweet, that's what I need, right there.
The course spline hubs will work as the "hub caps".
What would you need for this pile of stuff?

I'll shoot you a PM - mostly I want to see them put to good use. You can indirectly thank @Stumpalama since he sold me all the conversion parts a couple years back. These things have been taking up space ever since. I might still have the hub bolts/hardware kicking around in a bag somewhere too. My garage is about 50lbs of sh*t in a 20lb sack right now so nothing's where I think it is...

Wow, thanks all!
These make an easy swap to run 6 on 5.5 wheels on an old m416 trailer.So, Rob, I wouldn't need lock outs, thought, would be a good way to carry spares.
Let's see if anyone mere local to me may have some.
I'll reach out via pm if not.
I did the same thing on my M100. For the end caps, I used the outer ends from an old pair of course spline "barrel type" warn hubs.

I have happened upon a bunch of pickup power steering components I would let go for very little $$$.
I have three pump/bracket/tentioner assemblies, all for 22r or RE powered vehicles.
Steering shaft from '80''' pickup.
P/S reservoirs.
Used hoses.

IMG_20190111_130347.jpg

IMG_20190111_130106.jpg

IMG_20190111_130732.jpg

IMG_20190111_130215.jpg

IMG_20190111_130638.jpg

@RWBeringer4x4 for the win!
Thank you very much for hustling this care package together and hand delivering it to me at our annual club meeting.:cheers:
Exactly what I was looking for!

If anyone needs the course spline Warn lock-outs and can trade for spindle caps, let me know.

4951A4EF-60E1-4A04-99E5-A45157F0F4A4.jpeg

@RWBeringer4x4 for the win!
Thank you very much for hustling this care package together and hand delivering it to me at our annual club meeting.:cheers:
Exactly what I was looking for!

If anyone needs the course spline Warn lock-outs and can trade for spindle caps, let me know.

View attachment 1884354

Glad to see them out of my garage and back on an axle (soon)! Good meeting everybody yesterday - hopefully I’ll make it to some more events in the future.

Free welding rods.
I can bring to the next run, or you pick up in Phoenixville. 19460

0687A45B-A23A-45CA-AB61-EC4B4887023C.jpeg
B2971B88-6705-455B-8DD1-927838A5A632.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom