Local For Sale/Wanted Section! (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

the rare limited special edition one year only body color rubber weather stripping and door handles really adds a premium.....much much more than that crappie black and chrome garbage every other year got.

I went and looked at it tonight. HUGE roach. Bottom rockers from front doors to rear quarter are basically Swiss cheese. The interior was trashed, dash full of cracks/holes and giant hole in drivers seat. He couldn’t get it to start, and I barely looked under it. I asked him again what he was asking, and he told me $23k. I replied, “well, I’ve seen all I need to see and thanks for your time”. He asked me what that meant, and I replied at 23k I’m out. He asked what price I’d be in at, and I told him politely that I would not insult him with my offer.

I have no doubt that $20k is a number that most would pay for a (very) nice 60. This was not a nice example, hell its not even a good starting point. I’d rather have it before it was painted. And yes, overspray ALL over. It’s a $5k truck that would be a solid base to start with or a great trail rig that you wouldn’t mind dinging up.

Ebay auction went to $11.9k

I saw it at $10k earlier in the day.

Screenshot_20190102-212637.png

All the pics online are flattering angles, much like some young people do to improve thier looks on social media. Huge dent in the R/F fender and missing a turn signal. I don’t doubt the seller will get close to asking, but anyone with knowledge of cruisers/cars in general would surely pass.

All the pics online are flattering angles, much like some young people do to improve thier looks on social media. Huge dent in the R/F fender and missing a turn signal. I don’t doubt the seller will get close to asking, but anyone with knowledge of cruisers/cars in general would surely pass.
Thanks for the reconnaissance Blair!

He now has another 60 on CL.. Same California phone number, claimed different location.

It's weird that he values the blue POS higher than this one...:meh:

This one actually looks decent.

1985 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60 South Carolina truck SOLID 4X4

View attachment 1869105

He (the first guy I spoke to) told me about that one when he said the blue one was sold.

I only assume the blue one is valued higher as they have $500 in a paint job.

There is more to the story here that I will fill you guys in on next time I see you.

I went and looked at it tonight. HUGE roach. Bottom rockers from front doors to rear quarter are basically Swiss cheese.

Funny that he says "The underside was painted as if it were a classic car. I believe that is why i can't seem to find any rust under it."

:rofl:

The salvage title issue is also a bit of a clue...

You should be brutally honest with them and tell them they are $5K cars and that they are likely out of their depth trying to capitalize on the Land Cruiser cache.
Was it hard not to laugh out loud when he told you his expected price?

You should be brutally honest with them and tell them they are $5K cars and that they are likely out of their depth trying to capitalize on the Land Cruiser cache.
Was it hard not to laugh out loud when he told you his expected price?

I did snicker a bit.

I do believe you hit the nail on the head. I think these two guys see these trucks going for big money on eBay. What they don’t realize is they are the ones damn near perfect. Dude could barely find the ignition, I doubt he’s one to pick up a wrench.

All of that said I think anyone in the know would be looking on here or some other Toyota/overland based forum before heading to or at least along with craigslist/eBay.

One thing that really chapped my ass about the whole thing is the lack of pictures of the negative areas. If you truly believe whatever you are selling has that kind of value you’ll have no problems pointing out the flaws.

3DDB69E6-F7EE-46D9-9F64-1A4EC52E1DA2.jpeg

912053DF-600A-4FB3-BB2C-8C3B412A4C3A.jpeg

E53D39E0-7DA7-4AF5-8BDF-2EF825AEF69D.jpeg

Looking for two old wheel hubs, known as "outter front spindle assembly" from a pre '76 drum brake front axle.

Basically parts 14 through 17 in this image:

@shmukster maybe you have some in a scrap pile?View attachment 1868697

Hey @Pacer - I may have these. I have most of the old drum brake components from my 75 when I converted to disc. I’ve sold a few pieces but I might have the hubs still. Are you still looking for them? If so - I’ll go check my “bucket of greasy axle parts” and see what’s in there.

Hey @Pacer - I may have these. I have most of the old drum brake components from my 75 when I converted to disc. I’ve sold a few pieces but I might have the hubs still. Are you still looking for them? If so - I’ll go check my “bucket of greasy axle parts” and see what’s in there.
Yes please. Really all I need are the hubs, and caps/drive flange portion.
Will you be coming to the meeting at Shady Maple?

WTB: tan colored 96-97 center console for a land cruiser. Want to swap it into my lx450 to gain the additional cup holder and I ripped out the disc changer in the LX so now I just have a hole there. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom