Little help needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As the title says...little help. I suppose for this immediate "emergency" .... I'll be doing the 10- hr round trip to take care of the issue.....but in the future some cruiser-wise assistance and/or a recommendation of a local shop that doesn't feel the urge to bend me over would be nice.

The issue du jour:

Eldest daughter, now residing in VA BCH, with 62 calls as I am driving home from work and reports..."no brakes !!!" Long story short...picked up a piece of tire shed, wrapped around the brake line (the 6" long steel line from flex hose connection to caliper) and ripped it out of the caliper. No brakes to be sure.

She also has some exhaust leaks..which appear to be the donuts fore and aft of the cats. Based on remote diagnosis skills :meh:

Now both of these are easy fixes (especially since the cats were installed using stainless hardware), but she or her boyfriend ain't gonna be the ones to do it.

So... this Bud/trip is in me (it will also be nice to visit for a bit)....however in the future, I would prefer not to burn 10 hrs driving for @ 30 mins of :banana: fix time. So, anyone recommend a decent cruiser repair person in the VA BCH area ? Anyone down there willing to give a 5 min. looksee at any possible future issues and report the damage assessment ?

Thanks for your help,
Todd

wait so you have a daughter that is down here and she hasnt met any of us?

anyways not totally sure about a shop that could help yall out but im sure some of us might be able to give a hand

She just moved down there over memorial day weekend. Her boyfriend got a job there and has been there since Feb...she had to finish her semester at school. She has 2 years to go and will probably finish up at ODU. The where she will finish or "end game" is a topic up for discussion between now and the end of the month. Yes she definitley loves Land Cruisers, especially her red wagon....with 9.5 Cruisers at the homestead she was brain washed at an early age.

Anyway, I'll be bugging out of work after lunch today and headed down...tools and spare bits in hand. So, keep your eyes out for a fat old guy in a 97 40th parked next to and underneath a 89 red wagon....sweating all of last nights beer out no doubt.

Thanks for the reply Munky, I'll shoot you a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom