Lincoln contact tips on Hobart/Miller OK? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
I read that they fit, despite a different thread. Could be handy in a pinch. But likely sloppy fit I imagine. Would their use perhaps result in internal arcing and thread damage to the Hobart gun, if you know?

Yes, I know, best to use proper tips, store spares etc, but never know when a handy Lincoln tip might save the (welding) day for the Blue and white guys... So curious.

Any first-hand experience?

I always use the proper tips. Cross threading will muck something up.

Better of course. I just have heard that some folks will do this in a pinch.
I got a bunch of correct extra tips myself, though, so I should be set for years. Well, assuming they don't get lost in my garage piles, that is.

I have used them in my Hobart. I had 0 issues and they screwed right in with no cross threading.

good to know. One way street though apparently. I imagine the Lincoln thread is of smaller outside diameter.
So there you go, Home Depot may yet save the welding day on a weekend...

That was basically why I know, needed to weld using different wire than I had on hand. My hobart tips still work fine as well, so no apparent issues.

well, just found out that OSH carries Hobart/Miller type tips (but not Lincoln - must have done that to counterbalance HD I guess) by Forney in the 3 usual sizes, so that's another missing-a-tip-on-the-weekend possible solution ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom