Light harness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi. I bought 2 small led square lights and was wondering if a 12 volt harness would be ok to use on a 24 volt system? I would use a 24 volt relay and dash switch. Thanks

Usually, LED's have a voltage range noted on them. Most are good on 24v. Of course, the other option would be to run them in series.

If Dan (Rigpig) sees this he'd know for sure.

I put a couple little LED a$$hole lights on the front of my 61 recently, voltage range was something like 10-30v. Bright little things.

Tend to draw a lot less than old style, where you had to wonder whether it was the heat or the light that was the bi-product.

a 12v harness could have slightly heavier gauge wire than a 24v one would, but either way it's not something I'd worry about if it's a half decent product
Wires and switches generally don't care about voltage(exception being switches that light up), but relays etc, you do have to pay a bit of attention to. The magic smoke wants out...:lol:

Pretty much what everyone else said, you'll be fine! If you need harnesses let me know, I've got a few that i'm getting rid of from "Rigid LED" lights.

IMG_2611.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom