Light duty 70 adjustable panhards (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have a long term review of the adjustable panhards available on eBay for the light duty 70s that come from Malaysia? I’ve got a set and am going back and forth on whether or not the bushings are going to last and I should just stick with the OEM panhards and live with the problems of shorter than ideal panhards. I figure that those problems are easier to get used to than having a bushing fail in the middle of a long trip with lots of wheeling.

I guess I will be the guinea pig. One thing whether installing these or keeping the stock panhards that I think is essential, is that the bolts need to not be torqued until the wheels are on the ground and the truck is at its new resting ride height. For keeping the stock bars this would mean loosening the bolts and then torquing them down again after putting on the new springs. I believe this also goes for the radius arms.

Cut and weld the ends from the oem on the aftermarket bars

If you are going to cut & weld stuff why not just modify the original Panhards to be the correct length? Best way to do it is machine up a stepped plug with the extra length required plus spigots to slip inside the existing tube. Have a good V to lay the welds in & grind it back carefully & it will look factory.

Cheers
Clint

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom