Lift Kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good Afternoon All,

I am new here and I have a 2008 FJC. I would like to get a 3" lift on my FJ, but I do not know of a reliable shop in the Chicago area. Is there a shop someone could refer me to? I live in the Skokie, IL

Thank you,

Peter

They seem to be a good shop, lots of recommendations for them.

You can also checkout Nick & Ernie’s in Skokie - 847-676-0420. They are a body shop but they have a thriving mechanical shop as well. Ask for Matt -the lead mechanic. He installed my Ironman 2” lift suspension and SPC UCA on my 2000 LC100. Also gave it a custom alignment because of the UCA. Very happy with them. They also did my sliders (which I drop shipped to them) and will have them soon do my rear suspension links once I get some $$dole-hairs$$.

You can also checkout Nick & Ernie’s in Skokie - 847-676-0420. They are a body shop but they have a thriving mechanical shop as well. Ask for Matt -the lead mechanic. He installed my Ironman 2” lift suspension and SPC UCA on my 2000 LC100. Also gave it a custom alignment because of the UCA. Very happy with them. They also did my sliders (which I drop shipped to them) and will have them soon do my rear suspension links once I get some $$dole-hairs$$.
Good Morning,

Thank you for the recommendation. They are close to my house. I will stop by today.

Peter

Also, the BP at Lake and Skokie in Wilmette is a good shop. Bill, the owner, did some good work on my FJ62 in the past. They can handle an FJC lift.

I will meet Matt at 2pm today. Is there a particular lift-kit I should put on my FJC?

Ok - I reread your post. So you do not have a kit yet then. N&E do not sell lift kits as far as I am aware but he might have some suggestions though. I purchased all of my own parts (based on my research) and drop shipped them to Matt to install. I am sure there are tons of lift options for your truck. You should do some research on FJC forum sites to get a feel for price and performance and most importantly how you will be using your rig. Some site for parts to start with would be Slee Off-road and MetalTech. There are many more I am sure but I do have some experience with these two because I bought parts from them. Happy to chat with you via phone - I’m not an expert by any means but can share my experience.

Cheers

Ok - I reread your post. So you do not have a kit yet then. N&E do not sell lift kits as far as I am aware but he might have some suggestions though. I purchased all of my own parts (based on my research) and drop shipped them to Matt to install. I am sure there are tons of lift options for your truck. You should do some research on FJC forum sites to get a feel for price and performance and most importantly how you will be using your rig. Some site for parts to start with would be Slee Off-road and MetalTech. There are many more I am sure but I do have some experience with these two because I bought parts from them. Happy to chat with you via phone - I’m not an expert by any means but can share my experience.

Cheers
Good Morning,

I spoke with Matt yesterday about the kit. Good guy. Sure my # 312-730-5194

I installed a few back in the day. OME and Toytec seem to sound familiar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom