Lift-Kit for 2008 FJC 2RWD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Peeps,

I have a 2008 FJC 2RWD and considering putting a lift-kit on it (about 3'). This is my daily drive vehicle with so off-roading here and there. This summer I am headed to CO and UT for some off-roading. I am looking into ICON Stage 2 with upper control arms and 315X12.50X17 tire/wheel combo.

Questions -
1) Since I am not off-roading on a regular basis do I need to purchase ICON Stage 2? Or should I consider ICON Stage 1 or OME?
2) Has anyone purchased ICON before? What are your thoughts?
3) What are the wheel off-set for your 2RWD FJC?

That's all for now.

Thank you,

Peter

The Icon stage 1 would be a great improvement over stock. For your intended use, I would not spend the money on stage 2 and upper control arms.

I'm running old Donohoe (precursor company that became Icon) front coilovers on mine, and have been for 12 years and almost 200,000 miles. I believe they would equate to stage 1 today, though I'm not sure. They've been more than good enough for me, for rigorous off-road 4WD use.

315x12.5x17 tires are very wide - you will lose some turning radius with those, and they will probably rub on the stock upper control arms. If you're set on that wide of a tire, you will probably have to have aftermarket upper control arms, or at least wheel spacers. Personally, I avoid wheel spacers like the plague but YMMV.

Are you saying this is a 2wd FJ?

2wd you can do a spindle lift . 2 year old tires are 2 years old , Not new . 315 is a 35 inch tire . you will rub .

@Peter Gandy instead of lifting a 2WD why dont you buy a 4wd model? that instantly increases offroad performance 100x

I didn't even know that 2wd was an option. since 4wd is way more common than 2wd with these trucks I would check with iocn to make sure that the lift will work with a 2wd truck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom