Lets talk intakes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So as im still looking for a bit more n/a power and am heading back to my tuner in a few weeks to have some gauges installed i plan on having this discussion with him but thought id ask here before i embarass my self.

I dont wanna hear JUST BOOST IT as by the time i manage to save 10000aud my car would be nearing 250000km, engine to old boost.

My tuner is a damn good fabricator aswell and makes nice manifolds for other cars so what im thinking is i were to ask him to see if he can design and make a slightly longer
and wider runnerr metal intake to replace the plastic one, this will help lower the torque back down the rev range and being wider also allow the airaid intake and 76mm tb to work to more their abillity, now ofcourse the cast lower intake would need matching to the end of the wider runners.

i was thinking if i had him port the runners in the lower manifold into like a funnel shape so they are flowing in to a smaller passage this would increase velocity and help maintain some power higher up with the longer runners. This also means the heads and exits of the lower manifold would still match up.

Thoughts...?

To me it sounds like if you are going to spend that money on some custom intake it will probably do nothing but drain your pocketbook. If your guy is really any good at all that work should cost 2/3rd of what a supercharger would. So....

JUST BOOST IT.

These are 4x4s...so there are other games you can play to change the driving dynamics of them. Gears for one....depends on tire size and a bunch of other stuff.

A mild port job and welding and fabricating a manifold should in no world cost 7500$ a supercharge kit over here goes for around 10k+ plus exhaust, plus installation plus tune.

I have looked into gears but i dont intend on running anything bigger then a 285/70/17 which is just to small for a 4.5 diff ratio on these cars

The cheapest adds are sometimes the most noticeable. Free flowing air into the pump/mill and vacating exhaust gases out the back reduces strain on the mill in the process. The sound when you step into the throttle body from a cold air intake turns heads. :jawdrop: Headers and a free flow exhaust system will wake things up...

Have your fabricator make you some custom headers and a mandrel bent side exiting exhaust system to improve your departure angle and unrestricted your flow. Don't forget to send pics... :smokin:

Good luck mate,
G

Im already running a snorkel into an airaid intake and a 76mm throttlebody from a 3ur, have pacemaker headers already with hollowed out cats into a revised custom y pipe and a strait through muffler. The only untouched part is the intake manifold its self

Im already running a snorkel into an airaid intake and a 76mm throttlebody from a 3ur, have pacemaker headers already with hollowed out cats into a revised custom y pipe and a strait through muffler. The only untouched part is the intake manifold its self

You men in the outback kick ass... Good luck with the boost my friend.
Cheers mate,
G

You men in the outback kick ass... Good luck with the boost my friend.
Cheers mate,
G
My dyno with those mods pre tune was down at 172hp most fjs dyno 180 stock, after the tune 188hp. I have a feeling the hollowed out upstream cats are causing a lot of tirbulence and hurting performance, thinking of asking the exhaust shop to slide a strait section of pipe into them. Its also possible the 76mm throttlebody is effecting low down torque

Anyone know what differences there were in the lower manifold between the single vvti and dual vvti motor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom