Builds Let's build a 79 Series from parts... (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Now that IS pretty!

Hmmm... I'm still feeling red on the valve cover. :rofl:

I'm thinking you should do red on your valve cover.....lol....then it will prove to me how much I don't like it. Ha. ;)

I think I know what color I am going to do it in....stay tuned.

I'm thinking you should do red on your valve cover.....lol....then it will prove to me how much I don't like it. Ha. ;)

:hmm:

Pretty sure whatever valve cover goes on this thing would look pretty good.

P8283634.jpg
P8283635.jpg

Not coming out again....well not planning on taking it out again at least.

20190828_174122_HDR.jpg
20190828_174149_HDR.jpg

Red_HDR.png

The purple really pairs well with the green tape and strap.

It looks like the truck ran over that Barney the Dinosaur character. Ha.

I think I'm going to go with black. We end up doing all of our 3FE conversions with black covers. Maybe some red letters for @Honger! :rofl:

Funny thing is I'm not really a red kinda guy... my shop buddies in the UAE painted the "2F" on my 40's valve cover in red and I made them remove it. But it just seemed a fitting suggestion given all the Ferrari's in the background.

Black is gonna look super nice. Is the valve cover plastic or aluminum?

Funny thing is I'm not really a red kinda guy... my shop buddies in the UAE painted the "2F" on my 40's valve cover in red and I made them remove it. But it just seemed a fitting suggestion given all the Ferrari's in the background.

Black is gonna look super nice. Is the valve cover plastic or aluminum?

Ferraris should be the only ones with red valve covers. Period. Lol.

It's a plastic cover which kind of messes with things for us because we normally powdercoat all of our stuff...so I think a new black plastic one would be good. Who knows....might just do some texture black out of a can on it.

Proper use of red....

P8203554 2.jpg

It took all the parts to make the throttle mechanism on the motor come together. One of the issues with buying motors that aren't complete. Fortunately it's all available and easy to get.

20190831_125120.jpg
20190831_130123.jpg
20190831_160246.jpg

And the valve cover went black...

20190831_160229_HDR.jpg

Buttoned up a pretty good portion of the motor....it's on to plumbing now for brakes and power steering.

Hood needed to find a new home....so back on the truck it went.

20190904_100926.jpg
20190904_100942.jpg

Added a new member to the family too. I have been looking on and off for a Toyota Trekker for a while and this one popped up. Neat little truck. I'll stress the LITTLE part. I've been around Cruisers for a long long time....forgot how small these little pickups were...it's like 50% the size of anything in a Cruiser.

Pretty neat story about the Trekker and how they came to be. 1981 Toyota Trekker was the forerunner of the 4runner

In any event, it needs some minor stuff......should be fun to play around with and straighten out.

20190903_164214_HDR 2.jpg
20190904_085145_HDR.jpg
s-l1600-2 2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom