Left the Sun Roof Open. . . (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lucky you. . . I think i am ok. the carpet is not even wet. I am just going to leave the heat blasting all day and go from there. i pulled the console, and it was not wet underneath it, and there is no water under the seats. It seems to be just a surface issue. The only thing that worries me is the steering wheel issue. . .
It could be coincidence that it failed after the sun roof was open. It doesn't sound like you got enough water inside to cause electrical problems.

Did you check the usual suspects? ie: Loose connectors, pinched wires, open fuse etc?

good news. the steering wheel is back to its automatic movement. thanks for the help

Yukon,

The same thing happened to me yesterday at work. I got out and closed it after about 15 minutes of hard rain and now my steering wheel is doing the same thing. Did time fix yours, or did you have to do anything?

Home Depot has powdered dry cleaning carpet cleaner stuff. I shop vac'd the carpet then sifted the powder down. The carpet looks great now and the moisture is gone. I cleared the fault codes using an OBDII tool. The only casualty is the iPod adapter which had a constant live source. Now I have to decide if I want to replace it with the same or something different.

I have done this a few times. I have never had electrical problems or mold. My seats are more cracked than I would like them to be...maybe this is why? Or maybe it's because the family sits on the leather with wet swimsuits. Or maybe it's because I never put leather conditioner on the seats?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom